Roberts for Gavin Floyd a possibility?

Greg Pappas

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think I like this trade either. Floyd was a huge disappointment in Philly, and they gave him plenty of chances. I like stockpiling arms, but I would hope AM can pull a better trade off than this.

Floyd is easily our 2nd best starter if added. He would be under our control for a number of seasons. I wouldn't do the deal straight up & you can believe if AM was it would have been done.

I just checked out the White Sox message board on Yahoo and there is specualtion that Mora may be involved as well. Of course they are speculating that the Orioles may trade for Getz and Konerko with an outside chance at Floyd. Has anyone else heard of this?

I just checked out the White Sox message board on Yahoo and there is specualtion that Mora may be involved as well. Of course they are speculating that the Orioles may trade for Getz and Konerko with an outside chance at Floyd. Has anyone else heard of this?

I haven't heard this, and would be ecstatic to see Mora go.

With that being said.

Is Chicago crazy? There's no way Mora is an upgrade over Fields, is there?

Mora isn't going to leave within the vicinity of his family. No matter how much he hates losing.

For whatever it is worth, Jon Heyman just talked about this trade on the MLB Channel Hot Stove show. He didn't say much that we didn't already know. He said the Orioles and Whitesox have discusses Roberts for Floyd, but that the O's are asking a lot of for Roberts and want another player back in any potential deal. Therefore, he doesn't think a deal is close.

Reading between the lines, Heyman seemed to be suggesting that we are asking for too much (he pointed out that Floyd is a good young pitcher who we'd have under control for a while) and that a deal isn't likely to happen. Not that any of that really means anything. All the actual news he reported on the rumor was stuff we already knew.

Mora isn't going to leave within the vicinity of his family. No matter how much he hates losing.

The Orioles should tell him they want to trade him to a team that close. That he can choose that or being the right handed bat off the bench. If he chooses the latter then we probably should cut him. If we are not going to upgrade the team this year with free agents then we should be playing the Kids. Reimold & Montanez in LF (Trade Scott) & Salazar/Moore/Costanzo at 3B. Find out if any of these guys are the answer. I would keep Huff at DH & play Salazar at 1B. but thats just my opinion.

The Orioles should tell him they want to trade him to a team that close. That he can choose that or being the right handed bat off the bench. If he chooses the latter then we probably should cut him. If we are not going to upgrade the team this year with free agents then we should be playing the Kids. Reimold & Montanez in LF (Trade Scott) & Salazar/Moore/Costanzo at 3B. Find out if any of these guys are the answer. I would keep Huff at DH & play Salazar at 1B. but thats just my opinion.

WoW...alot of grief for a guy who had over 100 rbi's last year. Mora's not the future but I see no need in cutting him for the above mentioned 3.

WoW...alot of grief for a guy who had over 100 rbi's last year. Mora's not the future but I see no need in cutting him for the above mentioned 3.

Really they should trade him or make him the righty off the bench. The Orioles are going to lose 90-100 games. Why waste ab's on a guy thats clearly the past.I think the best route is to make that clear to him. Finding out if any of these guys can stick is better done now ..not in 2010.

The likelihood of any of Moore, Costanza or Salazar being a full-time, contributing player in 2011 aren't really any greater than Mora. And the chances of Mora doing so are slim.

There's no reason to bench Mora to trot out AAAA players or guys who might make up half of a decent platoon, but aren't every day players. Unless we're just jockeying for the #1 pick in the draft and tanking the entire season.

Exactly, what's the point of playing the guys who give us the best chance of winning.:rolleyes:

The likelihood of any of Moore, Costanza or Salazar being a full-time, contributing player in 2011 aren't really any greater than Mora. And the chances of Mora doing so are slim.

There's no reason to bench Mora to trot out AAAA players or guys who might make up half of a decent platoon, but aren't every day players. Unless we're just jockeying for the #1 pick in the draft and tanking the entire season.

Why Not ??? and maybe we get lucky with one of them. I'd like to see a good audition for Salazar.

Archived