Saturday Sept 24th vs the Astros (Brooks Robinson day)

OsFanSinceThe80s

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Krehbiel had way too long of a leash tonight with a well rested bullpen. Just not good in-game managing by Hyde.

It reminded me of when Buck would leave in a starter an inning too long, when everyone knew it was a time for a new pitcher. 

A pitcher has to get ready.  There was no one even losing up yet.  Perez was trying to get ready but then you have bunch of right handed guys up so he wasn’t going to come in to face Peña.  This is on no one but Krehbal.  He faced 5 batters and got one guy out just a pathetic outing.  

Just now, bpilktree said:

A pitcher has to get ready.  There was no one even losing up yet.  Perez was trying to get ready but then you have bunch of right handed guys up so he wasn’t going to come in to face Peña.  This is on no one but Krehbal.  He faced 5 batters and got one guy out just a pathetic outing.  

He was awful but there was time to get someone up.  Stop acting like like things were moving forward at the speed of light.

Just now, O's84 said:

There was plenty of time to see he had nothing and was getting hit around left and right.  Hyde then left him in with the bases loaded and the rest is history.  You at least gotta to take him out there.

Takes a bit to get guys warmed up though. He probably did not want to use Perez there and Perez may have not been totally warmed up. The only things surprising is why Akin was not the handcuff for Baumann tonight.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Takes a bit to get guys warmed up though. He probably did not want to use Perez there and Perez may have not been totally warmed up. The only things surprising is why Akin was not the handcuff for Baumann tonight.

I think if he's being hit around but not like it's instantaneously there can be time for someone to get up and ready.  Plus you can buy a little time with a mound visit.  In any regard, leaving him in there is completely changing the game because you knew he was going to blow it.  

Regardless now, it's a new game right now.  Let's see if we can shut them down and find a way to win.  Go O's!

3 minutes ago, Spakman said:

Seattle loses.

Orioles would only be two games back of the Mariners if they can beat the Astros tonight. Mariners were supposed to have a cake schedule in September and they are falling apart. 

Edit: I've been misled the Mariners game is ongoing and they are tied 5-5 in the sixth inning against the Royals. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I didn't see the inning, but yeah, when you bring in a reliever in the 5th inning, you're expecting him to get through the inning or two, not implode. Sounds like this is more on Krehbiel. 

Yeah he only threw 14 pitches so things imploded in a hurry.  I am sure last thing he wanted to do was use Perez in the 5th inning.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

+1, that early in the game you don't want to burn two guys unless you absolutely have to. Pena being a RHB I'm sure was also a factor. 

• Thanks 1