Bunch of roster moves 9/28/22

eddie83

Mostly being silly here, but in the name of trading Trey Mancini and Jorge Lopez shouldn't we maximize this learning opportunity for Adley and Gunnar to see tough LHP so they can grow their skills?    I know they can crush random up-down RH relievers.

Mullins not as much as I can see him taking some steps towards a stricter platoon role next season.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

black sails i give up GIF by STARZ

Rich Hill is starting so I can understand Rutschman and Henderson sitting I guess, though I'll take Henderson against a lefty anyday over Nevin. 

Starting Aguilar instead of Stowers is ridiculous. Mountcastle is DHing so it's not like he could not be playing 1B.

They honestly don't think Stowers can hit lefties despite an entire minor league career telling them he can.

I will say Hyde/Elias/Sig's insistence on playing sub par veterans at the end of this year if mind boggling and does make me concern that they will not properly manage their roster and lineups correctly when the team is legitimately contending.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

Mullins has been bad vs lefties all season.  It's actually the biggest difference between 2021 Mullins and 2022 Mullins.   And, this season, McKenna has been a beast vs lefties.

Gunnar... small sample size but .910 OPS vs RH and .488 vs LH;  recent performance  he's in a 1 for 20 slump (loved the 1 though!).

McKenna has a single and double already today. He, Nevin, and Aguilar are 3 for 6 so far.

• Upvote 2