Struck out. All weekend.

Moose Milligan

Just watching the circus around Judge going for the AL HR record makes what Bonds did seem even more amazing.  Pitchers are purposely pitching to Judge because they don't want to get accused of dodging him and don't want Yankee fans showing up on their door steps.  Pitchers avoided Bonds all year when he set the record.  I assume he blew past 60 in early September. 

Yes, of course Bonds was cheating/using steroids, but still amazing he was able to hit 45 HR in those conditions, much less 73.

• Upvote 1

Since there is a media frenzy for Judge to set the record and they don't seem to care about how the game should be played, I'm suggesting a few rule changes.

Judge hits the ball off a tee until he hits #62.

HR Derby rules:  Judge comes to plate in 1st and keeps hitting until he makes 3 outs or a HR.

I thought Palmer's shot at Paul O'Neill was great.  O'Neill had asked Palmer why the O's were not challenging Judge in the first two games of the series (even though they struck him out in both games and got to how many two-strike counts?).  After the three strikeout game 3, punctuated by a 97 mph heater blown right by Judge, Palmer said "take that, Paul O'Neill".

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Now maybe all the crybaby Yankees fans will zip it now. I didn't really care until Yankees fans started whining about why the opposing pitchers didn't just groove a batting practice fastball so Judge could hit his 62nd home run.

FYI Yankees fans, no one really cares because Judge is now seventh on the all time single season home run list. 

I will give Judge credit even though he plays in a total bandbox, he's hit 32 of his 62 home runs on the road. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Good for Judge.  He’s a good dude.  So great that it didn’t happen in NY.

Agree with this. And it didn’t happen in some cool place like Fenway or LA or something either. Just at a random stadium in TX against the bad team from Texas. Works for me. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

But he'll get invited to sell autographs at card shows, at least around NYC.

He can join Jeffrey Maier and umpire Richie Garcia, Garcia didn't call fan interference on Maier in game one of the 1996 ALCS. 

It was reported before game two that Garcia was signing autographs for Yankees fans.