Kawakami Narrows His List

furryburres

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We signed Dave Krynzel to a minor league contract this past week. Does that mean we reset the counter?

Nope the only way to resolve the "crisis" is to make a "significant move" to the 25 man roster. And I define signficant as acquring a position player or starting pitcher.

You guys do realize that I was kidding...right?

Seriously this whole held hostage crap is laughable. How many teams have made a significant move to their 25 in the past month?

How many teams have as many holes in their roster and organziation as the Orioles do? How many teams are having their attendance decline as drastically as the Orioles are?

It doesn't matter if the other teams aren't making moves, the Orioles are one of the worst teams in baseball and they've spent 25 days with no improvement...

How many teams have as many holes in their roster and organziation as the Orioles do? How many teams are having their attendance decline as drastically as the Orioles are?

It doesn't matter if the other teams aren't making moves, the Orioles are one of the worst teams in baseball and they've spent 25 days with no improvement...

Try 11 years.

You guys do realize that I was kidding...right?

Seriously this whole held hostage crap is laughable. How many teams have made a significant move to their 25 in the past month?

Sadly ...all the held hostage crap really wont go away until Angelos & family sell the team.

Try 11 years.

I wouldn't say that. The organization has significantly improved since June 2007, but it isn't improving fast enough to keep up with the improvements that are occuring to all the other teams in the AL East. With the resources they have, they should be able to improve much faster.

25 days of doing nothing is infuriating when they have so many holes to fix given the direction they've taken...

You speak as if the O's are the only team with problems.

There's been a lot of posturing and indecision by GMs lately because of the uncertainty of the economy, which has affected FA signings and roster decisions.

And remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.

If this is true, you really have to question an earlier report out of Japan that the Orioles made their final offer to Kawakami, and it was incentive-ladened and for fewer years because of concerns over his right shoulder.

Interesting thought...Could we have made a real offer???

A two or three year deal to Kawakami & Sheets isnt going to block anyone!
The flaw in your logic is implying that signing Kawakami to a 3-year deal would be a similar quality move to signing Sheets to a 3-year deal.

Sheets, despite his injury-prone past, is more likely to throw more innings over the next 3-years, IMO. And he's obviously more likely to perform better over whatever innings the two of them do throw. He's a premiere talent, the injury concerns are the reason his price is being driven down. Kawakami doesn't really eat a lot of innings, even in Japan, and I'm very skeptical of what I've read regarding how his stuff will translate to MLB.

Signing Sheets would be a very good move. Signing Kawakami, would not.

Archived