Players and prospects most likely to get dealt this winter and why

RZNJ

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t see a scenario where Vavra, Urias and Mateo are on the OD roster unless they just aren’t bringing anyone up, which seems dumb to me.

I keep alluding to it, but you have to think where your value is.  Vavra likely hasn't built any external value yet.  Urias seemingly has value with his bat and his defense at 3B, and maybe even 2B, but I doubt other teams see him as a 3-5 WAR player.  Mateo has value in his defense and speed, which I think other teams would see.

38 minutes ago, Woody Held said:

Miami was rumored to have interest in Santander last year.  That an organization that we matchup well with.  Maybe we could get a Max Meyer and a prospect for Santander

Max Meyer AND a prospect for Santander, a 2 WAR corner OF? I don't think Meyer's recent TJ surgery costs him nearly as much value as you're expecting, at least not in this trade situation. That's just my opinion though.

18 hours ago, MarCakes21 said:

So which has more value, both to you and to other teams?  I think Urias has more value here and Mateo to other teams?

Probably.  But they are very similar right now from a value perspective, so you could let one go and keep the other and not lose either way...  could be dictated solely be whomever brings the best return.  With young infielders in the wings in Westburg and eventually Mayo and Jackson Holliday, the fact that Urias is a year older really doesn't factor in at all for me.

Edited by Morgan423