Elias with LaCanfora

vab

Don't know if it has been discussed but Jason La Canfora had a nice interview with Mike Elias Wednesday that he played on his 105.7 show yesterday. A few interesting tidbits:

1. Grayson Rodriguez will be given every opportunity to win a spot with the big club out of spring training

2. DL Hall will go back to starting next year

3. Probably not news but Elias strongly hinted that he will be dipping into the prospect ranks for trades, especially the middle infield prospects. 

You can still hear the full interview in two parts in the Audacy app or the 105.7 website. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

Westburg, Ortiz, and Norby.   Who do the Orioles value the most?  Who do other teams value the most?   Conceivably, the Orioles have enough depth to trade at least two of the 3.   Which one are you least willing to part with?

Depends on the return on investment, which one brings you the best players?

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I would guess Westburg.

It's actually the one I would prefer to trade.  My opinion, but if we have solid defense at SS/3B/CF, we could use the bat of Norby more than the combo glove/bat of Westburg.  And Ortiz still has hidden potential that I don't think would be valued fully by other teams.

Having said that, I'm still of the opinion that none will be traded this offseason.  I think they're more likely to trade Mateo/Urias/Santander if anyone and stick with the young guys for an extended look.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, vab said:

Don't know if it has been discussed but Jason La Canfora had a nice interview with Mike Elias Wednesday that he played on his 105.7 show yesterday. A few interesting tidbits:

1. Grayson Rodriguez will be given every opportunity to win a spot with the big club out of spring training

2. DL Hall will go back to starting next year

3. Probably not news but Elias strongly hinted that he will be dipping into the prospect ranks for trades, especially the middle infield prospects. 

You can still hear the full interview in two parts in the Audacy app or the 105.7 website. 

Does it sound like Hall will go back to AAA?

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

That's what I got out of it.   The chances of Hall breaking camp in the starting rotation seem slim to me.   

I see him being stretched out, as promised, but if he makes the  Opening Day club, it's as a bulk reliever.  It's left to him which way it goes from there.  This year, Bryan Baker was used as a bulk(ish) reliever during the first half, usually in games they were not expecting to win.  But, by July, his relief numbers had ticked up enough that after the Lopez trade, he became one of the trusted set-up guys.  DL Hall could follow Baker's path, or perhaps impress everyone with four or five excellent mop-up innings, earning a spot start.  We shall see...