10/8: Scottsdale Drops A Hitter's Game

cboemmeljr

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ok so not to beat a dead horse, but AJ Puk got me thinking. I know hindsight is 20/20 and I’ve got a Gator bias, but to my eyes, what the Dbacks gave up for AJ Puk is comparable to what we gave up for Soto or Rogers. If you’re Elias, why not target someone like this on the Marlins if you’re already scouting Rogers? It just highlights for me Elias’ failure to address the bullpen with ML acquistions (deadline or FA). It is becoming a real ding to putting us over the top thus far and is definitely the biggest concern we have going into this postseason. I came away satisfied enough at the deadline but can’t help but wonder if we perhaps could have combo’d getting Rogers and Puk with an additional fringe top 10 throw in? I’m still hoping that Rogers gains a few ticks back on his heater (a la Tillman in 2012) and that our bullpen will perform OK in these playoffs. But as much as I love Elias, I’m coming around to the fact that thus far, I think he’s made some head scratching decisions/non-decisions when it comes to the bullpen.  
    • Announcement #1: Corbin Burnes is the Game 1 ALWC starter. Announcement #2: Water is wet.
    • No one, but why use him at all if he will be throwing in the series? Could more easily call someone up.
    • Burnes can pitch game 2 and 5 in the ALDS if needs be.    The game 1 starter in the ALDS only has to pitch in one game if needs be but they could start 2. So yea, I think it’s possible you hold off Eflin in game 2 if you win game 1. Now, if he waits to pitch on Saturday, they will be a long rest, so he could be rusty. That’s a tough choice. You don’t want to open any windows for any other team. Kremer has pitched well vs NY, so he could go twice too but I’m not sure Kremer is the ideal guy to go through the same lineup twice in 5 days. Kremer also hasn’t faced Det this year, so he would be “new” to them.  Eflin faced them a few weeks ago and pitched well.  
    • What in the world are you talking about?
    • Against RHP, Carpenter and Greene are in the same tier as Soto, Witt, and Gunnar (at least the past few months).  The issue is they fall off a cliff against LHP.
  • Popular Contributors