O's and Uehara agree to deal

Os84

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am fine with this if by multi-year it is 2 years. Uehara will be a solid end of the rotation guy I would project him as a number 4. He also has experience in the Bullpen which would help in year 2 when our young guys are ready.

He has excellent control of all his pitches, forces alot of GB and still can post some decent Ks.

He also should have been fairly cheap, I love this signing, low risk high reward, exactly what we need. I just hope its not for more then 2 years, if it is then I am not such a big fan.

Multi-year deal for a 34-year old pitcher? :eek:

I obviuosly don't know anything about this guy. Help me out here folks.

Probably the Orioles version of a "posting" fee...or, perhaps the cover charge necessary to enter the Japanese market.

But, wait...this can't actually be true, can it? Andy MacPhail got up off his hands and signed an international player??? Wasn't he bogged down in not extending Markakis? How could this happen??? Where's my paper bag???

:wedge: :wedge: :wedge:

It is amazing the O's are penciling him in as the 2nd starter.

After watching the video of him on MASN, he throws more strikes than anyone in the rotation not named Guthrie. Seems like a number 2 starter in that respect.

Archived