O's looking for RH 1B

JTrea81

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take Wiggy over Millar in a heartbeat. He's what, six years younger, and as others have said, he's more versatile.

I still think they could use a lefty, though. Dunn would be the first option.

Of course, I'll continue to bang the drum for the home run king.

Bring Barry to Baltimore!! Come on! Who's with me? Anyone? Anyone???

Possibly, but Salazar has a better chance of being the 2010 option than either of those guys. Unless you're talking about trading for a LT 1B, then I think Salazar is a good answer this year. Also, by 2010, or 2011, Snyder could be ready to play 1B in Baltimore.

Exactly, why patch up a long term problem with year-by-year stop gap measures ?

I'd love to take a chance on Baldelli assuming he's healthy and that the latest doctor's report isn't bogus, but in LF not 1B.

Where's that darn smiley...:no:

I personally think Crede would be a great signing. Put him at 3B and move Mora to first - this accomplishes 3 things at once. We improve our infield defense (because Crede + Mora are much better fielders than Mora + Huff), obtain another right-handed bat, and a healthy Joe Crede is a much better player than Oscar Salazar.

Anyway, Crede is injury-prone and surely he would be willing to take a one-year deal for something like $4 million - when he's healthy, he's more like a $7 or 8 million player (in 2006, FanGraphs even has him worth $15 million!). He is an underrated hitter and one of the best fielding 3B in baseball (last season his UZR/150 was in the region of Scott Rolen, Ryan Zimmerman, and Pedro Feliz). He's also only 31 years old...

Archived