O's looking for RH 1B

JTrea81

Glovework. He was atrocious at 1B in the AFL...

I think Luke Scott could net one of them...

The Mets are running out of options for corner OF.

Yeah, I've always thought Scott would be a good fit in Chicago (before they signed Bradley) and NYM. Heck, if they gave us enough good prospects, I'd even be willing to take Castillo's contract and trade them Roberts + Scott.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sort of like Oscar Salazar.;)

Yeah, I would agree, but it appears as if Salazar, for some reason, doesn't fit into the plans here. At least it seems that way if we're still looking at RH 1B help.

I would think he'd make an adequate part time corner infielder...giving Huff and Mora breaks here and there.

There are so many better options for 1B. I would hope they would look at going after a RH 1B man via trade then sign any of those guys...

I could live with Wigginton I suppose because he could slide over to 3B when Mora leaves, but anybody else is just a waste of $.

Find a LT option!

Rep to you Trea ...I like this idea a lot. Since at the end of 2009 we will have holes at both places giving him a 2-3 year deal makes sense. I'd really think they should try to bring in Dunn though.

Yeah, I would agree, but it appears as if Salazar, for some reason, doesn't fit into the plans here. At least it seems that way if we're still looking at RH 1B help.

I would think he'd make an adequate part time corner infielder...giving Huff and Mora breaks here and there.

I think the problem is that Salazar isn't a good fielder. There's an interview I remember where Trembley said something like "Salazar isn't here as a 1B or a 3B, he's here as a right handed bat, that's his role in the team". So the only way he gets lots of at bats is at DH - and I don't think the Orioles FO values him that highly as a full-time DH.

I think the problem is that Salazar isn't a good fielder. There's an interview I remember where Trembley said something like "Salazar isn't here as a 1B or a 3B, he's here as a right handed bat, that's his role in the team". So the only way he gets lots of at bats is at DH - and I don't think the Orioles FO values him that highly as a full-time DH.

That has nothing to do with his defense, he was setting his role on the team as a back-up RH hitter off the bench. Salazar plays 2B as well, I can't imagine he is that bad of a fielder.

Personally, I think by mid-season, we are going to be calling for Brandon Snyder to get called up and be the everyday 1st basemen. I think he is going to make it.

I'd be happy enough if that happens. Even if he turns out to be the next Mike Jacobs, we'll only be paying him league minimum salary for 3 years :)

How about Murphy then?

One of those two is going to end up in the outfield.

I'd like to get Murphy for 3B. The guy is going to be a stud and is a better prospect than Evans.

Maybe we could take back Castillo and get Evans, Murphy and Niese and $ for Roberts and Scott.

I think he was referring to Montenez.

Archived