2022 Top 75 Prospects

Tony-OH

24 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Bold prediction: your list has to change mid-stream because of 1-2 major trades.

That is bold. I do think we will see some trades happen that involved moving prospects, but I would be surprised if they happen before December. Never know though.

15 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

That is bold. I do think we will see some trades happen that involved moving prospects, but I would be surprised if they happen before December. Never know though.

Who knows? It could be an exciting November* for the first time in a long time as an O's fan.

*actually, I love your lists so it's always exciting for me. But for mainstream O's fans, it's a snooze fest.

• Upvote 1

• Tony-OH changed the title to 2022 Top 30 Prospects
  • Tony-OH pinned this topic
4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Tony, Justin Armbruester didn't make the top 30.  On the Verge seems to think he  should start the season at AAA.   What is your take?  Is he a future major leaguer?

Tony did indicate that Armbruester was one of the last cuts off the list.

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

Tony, Justin Armbruester didn't make the top 30.  On the Verge seems to think he  should start the season at AAA.   What is your take?  Is he a future major leaguer?

Armbruester is ok, but he doesn't have much to defend himself against left-handers and I don't see a major league swing and miss pitch. 

There's a good bet he starts 2023 in Norfolk, but at best he's got middle reliever vibes for me. I see Mike Wright. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Armbruester is ok, but he doesn't have much to defend himself against left-handers and I don't see a major league swing and miss pitch. 

There's a good bet he starts 2023 in Norfolk, but at best he's got middle reliever vibes for me. I see Mike Wright. 

Thanks,   he said in his interview that he is working on a change up vs lefties.   It's anyones guess whether that will be effective..

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Thanks,   he said in his interview that he is working on a change up vs lefties.   It's anyones guess whether that will be effective..

Just listened to the interview.  He sounds like a very intelligent kid who has totally bought into the metrics.   And yes, he recognizes the very weakness Tony identified as his big area to work on.  He’s beaten the odds already to get to AA this quickly as a 2021 12th round pick, so I’ll be rooting for him. 

33 minutes ago, wildcard said:

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Just listened to the interview.  He sounds like a very intelligent kid who has totally bought into the metrics.   And yes, he recognizes the very weakness Tony identified as his big area to work on.  He’s beaten the odds already to get to AA this quickly as a 2021 12th round pick, so I’ll be rooting for him. 

It's always good to hear the kid knows what he needs to work on to get there. He does have some tools to work from and he's got some deception that allows his mediocre stuff to play up a bit. The slider can be a swing and miss pitch for him at times, but it's not consistent enough at this point to be effective at the major league level for very long.

He tapped into more velocity this year (up to 95-96 at times) so he's certainly a guy I'd say is interesting enough to follow, but needs improvements to be a legitimate prospects.

• Upvote 1