2022-23 Terps Basketball

Jagwar

good god, the ACC/Big-10 challenge comes to a close, and we have to draw Louisville when they are absolutely dreadful.

Would have been nice to get an actual opponent.  But a win's a win.  I'll be sad about the ACC/B10 challenge though.  Maybe Willard will find a way to schedule a home and home with someone like Virginia or Tech.

On 11/29/2022 at 9:17 PM, Hallas said:

good god, the ACC/Big-10 challenge comes to a close, and we have to draw Louisville when they are absolutely dreadful.

Would have been nice to get an actual opponent.  But a win's a win.  I'll be sad about the ACC/B10 challenge though.  Maybe Willard will find a way to schedule a home and home with someone like Virginia or Tech.

The Illinois game will tell us a lot about this team. My early take is that the Terps will get a 5-6 seed in March. 

8 hours ago, Jagwar said:

The Illinois game will tell us a lot about this team. My early take is that the Terps will get a 5-6 seed in March. 

I'm going to go with the false hope and say we're a 2 seed at the end of the year and we make the Elite 8, and Willard is instantly given an extension. :D:D:D

4 hours ago, Hallas said:

I'm going to go with the false hope and say we're a 2 seed at the end of the year and we make the Elite 8, and Willard is instantly given an extension. :D:D:D

Not the craziest hope I've ever seen. They haven't been tested yet, but they play hard, play great defense, and run an efficient offense. 

53 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Not the craziest hope I've ever seen. They haven't been tested yet, but they play hard, play great defense, and run an efficient offense. 

That Saint Louis squad that we blew out of the arena played #13 Auburn tough and beat a good Memphis team.  And Miami wasn't exactly a walk in the park.  We have a gauntlet coming but we've beat some good teams.

11 minutes ago, Hallas said:

That Saint Louis squad that we blew out of the arena played #13 Auburn tough and beat a good Memphis team.  And Miami wasn't exactly a walk in the park.  We have a gauntlet coming but we've beat some good teams.

Let's see how they handle Illinois, Michigan and Indiana. 

• Upvote 1

What a win.  Jahmir Young has the goods, he has handles and makes great decisions with the ball.  Is super quick and has driving ability along with a nice shot - that 3 he hit was gigantic.  Donta Scott has upped his game tremendously, he can score at all three levels, he's great with his footwork and back to the basket.

Wish this team had a little more size, that's really their only downfall.  Reese is a little unpredictable on offense but he plays great defense and hustles.  I like him a lot.  Also need some more bench scoring as we progress into conference play.