So...uh, when does free agency start?

Bahama O's Fan

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’d post it but I don’t like to do that unless Tony says it’s ok.  You can see it on ESR.

It’s just funny to me that people think the only possible way to get better is to spend crazy amounts of money on free agents.

I read it.  Good article.   I hope Elias can find a way to make trades with some combination of Mateo/Urias/Hays/Type B prospects/ to get what he needs.   I would still be happy if they could get a Verlander or a Rodon, although I don't see it happening.

44 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I used to post in the MASN comments section during the DD years and the quality of knowledge and discourse there was generally atrocious compared to OH, and I would imagine the quality of Twitter discussion is even worse than that.

Twitter's really not made for discussing things in depth.  It's such a poor platform for an exchange of ideas.  Being limited to 280 characters and then, if you have something substantial to say, firing off several 280 character tweets in order to illustrate a bigger idea is just terrible.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Twitter's really not made for discussing things in depth.  It's such a poor platform for an exchange of ideas.  Being limited to 280 characters and then, if you have something substantial to say, firing off several 280 character tweets in order to illustrate a bigger idea is just terrible.  

I can't imagine your thoughts being longer than 280 characters.    😄

• Haha 1

RUMOR: Orioles in the market for this front-end starter in free agency

In a report by Mark Feisand of the MLB Network, he said that Baltimore is seeking a “front-end starter,” who could be the No. 2 or No. 3 guy on the team’s rotation, and Eovaldi seems to be a fit for that type of role.

Eovaldi pitched 20 stars 100 innings this year and 180 last year. Before that not much length. I’m not confident….Certainly has warts!

https://clutchpoints.com/mlb-rumors-orioles-in-the-market-for-this-front-end-starter-in-free-agency

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Sounds like an accurate description.

Like I don’t get along with everyone here and don’t agree with a lot of posts but almost every one on here has well thought out reasons for why they think the way they do.  I can respect that.

But, responses like “you are a loser” or “you accept losing” all because I’m not in favor of dumb contracts are hilarious.

Yeah, low information casual fans can be pretty obnoxious and I bet Twitter is absolutely teeming with them. I vividly remember being dogpiled with downvotes and accusations of being an Angelos shill by other MASN users for being against the Ubaldo signing because he'd had like one good half in the 3 seasons prior to reaching free agency. I wonder if the guy there that printed up piles of "Ubaldomore" shirts to sell online was ever able to make his money back...

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, it definitely does not seem like my cup of tea. I've made it this long without it so I think I will be okay if I never sign up to use it.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

RUMOR: Orioles in the market for this front-end starter in free agency

Eovaldi pitched 20 stars 100 innings this year and 180 last year. Before that not much length. I’m not confident….Certainly has warts!

https://clutchpoints.com/mlb-rumors-orioles-in-the-market-for-this-front-end-starter-in-free-agency

I'd rather not give a draft pick to a divisional rival with more financial resources than us for a #3 starter with a lengthy injury history.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Eovaldi certainly fits the description. Feel like he always kills us too. Throws gas. Not my first pick but he definitely would upgrade the rotation.

Yes, I also feel that Eovaldi is always in top form against us. If we sign him then we won't have to face him, which would be a good thing.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I’d post it but I don’t like to do that unless Tony says it’s ok.  You can see it on ESR.

It’s just funny to me that people think the only possible way to get better is to spend crazy amounts of money on free agents.

ok....  Who are you, and what have you done with the REAL Sports Guy?

Bradford Doolittle at ESPN projects that the O's will sign Correa.  

He's the type of player that Elias likes, and we did bid on him last year, but that was before Mateo proved that he could provide GG-type defense, before Ortiz established himself as a top prospect, and before we drafted Holliday.  I like Doolittle's optimism that the O's are willing to spend big money, but I can't imagine that Elias would want to spend big on a position where we already have good players in our system.