“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I hope you are right. 

I don't think they need to get crazy this off season with the money anyways. I'd be more happy with some trades in order to open up some room for the guys that need to graduate from AAA.

Right now though,the only money spent has been a wash fromast season.

Still $15 mm. also from trading Mancini and Lopez.

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Just as a thought exercise if Rodon and Correa would both accept 6/210, who would you offer it to first?

Feels pretty likely Farhan will recycle much of his Judge bid to one (or both?) of those guys.

Maybe Correa only because I think trading for a Rodon-esque SP remains on the table this offseason or at the deadline. And position players are more reliable. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I've also come around on Belt as a solid bench guy. Sounds like he was injured last year, but only a year removed from popping 29 homers, career .359 OBP. Apparently a very good clubhouse guy, I'd like to see us bring him in. 

Belt is injured nearly every year and really have a hard time believing red flags wouldn't come up when he took a physical. Hard pass. 

5 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Just as a thought exercise if Rodon and Correa would both accept 6/210, who would you offer it to first?

Feels pretty likely Farhan will recycle much of his Judge bid to one (or both?) of those guys.

I would be surprised if Correa is not in SF. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, HakunaSakata said:

Belt is injured nearly every year and really have a hard time believing red flags wouldn't come up when he took a physical. Hard pass. 

2021 he hit 29 bombs in 97 games.

2020 he played nearly every game of the shortened season. 

2019 he played 156 games. 

We don't need him to start, just be a bench/platoon guy. 

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I'm not offering either one of those players a six year deal, but if I absolutely had to choose the answer is Rodon and it's really not even a debate. The Orioles absolutely need a stud SP, but they don't need an aging SS on the wrong side of his late 20s. 

1 minute ago, HakunaSakata said:

I'm not offering either one of those players a six year deal, but if I absolutely had to choose the answer is Rodon and it's really not even a debate. The Orioles absolutely need a stud SP, but they don't need an aging SS on the wrong side of his late 20s. 

“Wrong side of his late 20’s?”  That’s a new one on me.  Pretty much every free agent fits that category, or worse.  Rodon will be 30 by the end of this week. 

• Upvote 1

I'd rather go for Nimmo than Correa. Correa is projected to be a 5.0 fWAR player next year (by Steamer), Nimmo is 4.5 fWAR.  Nimmo is 1.5 yrs older than Correa but may only cost around half of what Correa will command.

With LF now so cavernous, Nimmo's defense wouldn't be wasted there they were hold onto Mullins.  He would also free up Mullins and/or Cowser to trade for pitching.  And even if there isn't a deal there this offseason, they could always just start the year with Mullins in CF and Nimmo in LF (with Santander/Hays/Stowers rotating through RF/DH).  If Cowser forces the issue by tearing the cover off the ball to start the year in AAA, you can make a deal at the deadline.

Once Rodon is off the board, the only really big ticket FAs left are all hitters - Correa, Bogaerts & Nimmo.  Nimmo makes more sense than the SS if we are actually "big game hunting" IMO, but I really doubt that's happening.