“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

Correction; home opener is not until game 7.  Still think that is how it starts out though, or something like that. 

We'll probably face deGrom right before the OPACY opener.....if he isn't already hurt :)

BAL-TEX matchup could be high leverage for AL 6th place.

Seems like it'd be a kindness to Grayson Rodriguez to let him debut in the Texas series.

Edited by Just Regular

4 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I hope we sign FA's instead of trades, even if we have to overpay. I don't want to thin out our farm system in trades. Elias said our goal is to be good many years to come from our strong farm system.

They're going to have to make some trades eventually.  They're going to have a logjam of position players here in AAA very quickly that are ready to make the jump to the majors.  It's a good problem to have.

5 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Please no, I just want one above average starter at this point.

I'm not asking for the sun, the moon, and the stars here.

Not sure what you're getting at here.  Taillon is firmly in that next tier of starters after deGrom, Verlander and Rodon.  So, if he's not good enough, then you really are asking for at least one of the sun, moon and stars.  deGrom is gone.  Verlander is likely to end up with the Mets or Dodgers.  We've been loosely linked to Rodon (by Heyman) and his injury history is scary.  I'd have no problem with a Taillon signing.  He's only 31 and has no draft pick issues.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

At end of day they aren’t going to get anyone on a deal we all love. That’s the reality. 

It's not the deal here, it's the target. Taillon is as average as average can be.

That said, with the other teams involved, the deal would probably also be pretty terrible if we somehow manage to win the bidding war.

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Blue Jays were in on Gibson. Interesting.  

The Yusei Kikuchi experience didn't begin great.     I think Jose Berrios just had a bad year but imagining how to ever get past those guys it'd be quite the help if he was an early pumpkin.

Would probably be too troll like for Elias to inquire about Berrios' availability and if TOR would pay down some of his contract.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Talking about Taillon as a statement piece, even if it’s comparing Him to Gibson, is hilarious.

Someone is going to give him 4 years.

Thing is look at our rotation? Who is better than him. I’m not down on him. He is what he is. I see some upside, limited but there. 

4 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

It's not the deal here, it's the target. Taillon is as average as average can be.

That said, with the other teams involved, the deal would probably also be pretty terrible if we somehow manage to win the bidding war.

These are teams looking at him. Who knows where he goes. He isn’t a star. 

Thing that gets me is how high some people think of our current rotation. Will Kremer or Bradish ever be as good as Taillon?

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Not sure what you're getting at here.  Taillon is firmly in that next tier of starters after deGrom, Verlander and Rodon.  So, if he's not good enough, then you really are asking for at least one of the sun, moon and stars.  deGrom is gone.  Verlander is likely to end up with the Mets or Dodgers.  We've been loosely linked to Rodon (by Heyman) and his injury history is scary.  I'd have no problem with a Taillon signing.  He's only 31 and has no draft pick issues.

His ERA+ for each of the last 2 years is exactly 100. He is an average pitcher who is going to be paid like a good pitcher. There are still good pitchers available, both in free agency or via trade. I would like to try to acquire one of those before giving up and settling for someone like Taillon.