“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

If the pace sustains 7-8 more days and everyone at the Wacha level and up is gone by the holidays, January 2023 might line up as an unusually intense trading month.     Previous offseason norms have been Clubs letting some good players drag until camps near opening.

Whether Elias lands a few guys or not, the robust competition good to see.

After New Year if it is just Jordan Lyles looking for a job and the better 2023 options 100% rostered, maybe it gives more interesting "real baseball trades" than there have been in past years.

14 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Elias also said that he didn't feel like the Winter Meetings were a deadline or that he needed to have something done by a certain date.  He also said that team were generally not discussing trades at the Winter Meetings while most of the FA's were still out there.  Again, if Wacha and Gibson are the upgrades then Elias didn't get it done.    I just think it's silly for 90% of the posters on here who think they know that Elias was given a certain budget and then it was take away or that he just flat out lied.

Time will tell but most can't wait.   How many times can you people keep saying the same thing, by the way?

I think that if you ask 2018 Elias what his budget would look like in 2023 you will get a higher number than what the actual budget will be.

Just now, DrinkinWithFermi said:

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

😋

Haha.  Yeah, but I keep having to go up against the vocal majority.    Most of my repetitiveness is in answering that same old stuff.

1. The Orioles need new ownership.   Who will be our knight in shining armor?

2. Elias said "lift off" and I don't see lift off.  I want to see lift off now or I will be very, very, very unhappy.

3. I want them to spend money, but I will be unhappy if they spend it on someone I don't like (that's directed at you!) lol

4. John Angelos wants to pocket every dime.   He old Elias he could spend.  Then after Elias said "lift off" he told him he couldn't spend after all!

5. We have to win a WS.  Forget that we haven't won one since 1983 and the team is in the best shape probably since then.  Forget the last 3-4 years of building up the organization so it is no longer a laughing stock in how it's operated.  Forget all of that. I want a World Series within the next 3-4 years or I might not spend another dime on this team!

6. I understand that the team was successful last year because of Kremer, Bradish, Rutschman, and Henderson but you can't count on prospects.  I need names!.   I don't care about Cowser, Westburg, Ortiz, Norby, Mayo, Hall.   I need instant gratification!

7.  If I don't get what I want I will be unhappy!  Who's with me?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think that if you ask 2018 Elias what his budget would look like in 2023 you will get a higher number than what the actual budget will be.

EVERY indication is that John Angelos and Mike Elias have been on the same page from DAY ONE.    

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, because they've been purposefully opaque about things.

Elias has certainly said things that could lead one to think that things have changed.

It's ironic but your serious posts are the ones that make me chuckle.

37 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Elias also said that he didn't feel like the Winter Meetings were a deadline or that he needed to have something done by a certain date.  He also said that team were generally not discussing trades at the Winter Meetings while most of the FA's were still out there.  Again, if Wacha and Gibson are the upgrades then Elias didn't get it done.    I just think it's silly for 90% of the posters on here who think they know that Elias was given a certain budget and then it was take away or that he just flat out lied.

Time will tell but most can't wait.   How many times can you people keep saying the same thing, by the way?

An infinite number of times, apparently.  

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The dude has gone from talking about “lift off” “significantly escalating pay roll” “looking for mid-rotation starters” to saying “it’s difficult to chart a path to the division”. Guess what? It’s not that difficult to chart a path to the division if you spend some money. This team has great bones to it, the time to add some meat to them bones has come. We’re not crazy for interpreting some of his comments in such a way that we thought significant additions were on the way. He has, very obviously, backed down on that.

21 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It's ironic but your serious posts are the ones that make me chuckle.

Yea well, it's this funny thing.

I got these folks that are weirdly obsessed with my posts and it's caused me to have to be extra careful with how I word things or they freak out and act like they've accomplished something by pointing out some small possible inconsistency.

Oh, did I say funny?  I mean tiresome. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oriole said:

The dude has gone from talking about “lift off” “significantly escalating pay roll” “looking for mid-rotation starters” to saying “it’s difficult to chart a path to the division”. Guess what? It’s not that difficult to chart a path to the division if you spend some money. This team has great bones to it, the time to add some meat to them bones has come. We’re not crazy for interpreting some of his comments in such a way that we thought significant additions were on the way. He has, very obviously, backed down on that.

He basically said that we wouldn't be the division favorite, on paper, no matter what we do this offseason.   That was an honest assessment but some people "can't handle the truth".

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yea well, it's this funny thing.

I got these folks that are weirdly obsessed with my posts and it's caused me to have to be extra careful with how I word things or they freak out and act like they've accomplished something by pointing out some small possible inconsistency.

Oh, did I say funny?  I mean tiresome. 

Paranoia will destroy you.    Still playing the victim.   I love when you get indignant.  Is that next?

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

He basically said that we wouldn't be the division favorite, on paper, no matter what we do this offseason.   That was an honest assessment but some people "can't handle the truth".

I mean, you can read it as you like but to me it went beyond we wouldn't be the favorite into we don't have a realistic chance.

To me those are very different things.