Some minor things...

TJ Wrangler

Just had a talk with my dad before we go our separate ways for the game...

Apparently we weren't willing to match the Braves dollar wise for Kawakami. He doesn't know the final offer, but it looks like the Braves could have overpaid here.

Hendrickson looks to be our 4th or 5th starter. The talk about bringing him out of the bullpen is plan B.

Some interest in Wiggington, but nothing serious.

We don't seem to want to go multi-year on any of the free agents left, so expect most things to be low key signings.

Nothing new on Markakis and Roberts, and he's not optimistic in the slightest. Thinks Roberts is as good as gone, and Markakis is going to go year to year unless we offer him a good deal.

Read into this as much or as little as you want. Nothing earth shattering seems to be happening, so expect minor moves from now until spring training.

I'm expecting another update within a few days.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently we weren't willing to match the Braves dollar wise for Kawakami. He doesn't know the final offer, but it looks like the Braves could have overpaid here.

Hendrickson looks to be our 4th or 5th starter. The talk about bringing him out of the bullpen is plan B.

We don't seem to want to go multi-year on any of the free agents left, so expect most things to be low key signings.

Nothing new on Markakis and Roberts, and he's not optimistic in the slightest. Thinks Roberts is as good as gone, and Markakis is going to go year to year unless we offer him a good deal.

Read into this as much or as little as you want. Nothing earth shattering seems to be happening, so expect minor moves from now until spring training.

According to Trembley starting Hendrickson is plan b.

Our front office is baffling. Dunn should be offered. End of story. Adn so should Sheets. We need guys like this and these guys will require multi year deals. I just don't think this front office knows what it is doing. We have 1 proven major league starter and 1 guy from Japan and then no idea who the other 3 starting pitchers are at this point. Meanwhile, the Red Sox have like 7starters.

It is going to be a very long year. Very very long.

How much of that is him talking to the press to appease the fans? As of now, I'm hearing he's looked at as our 4/5 starter and the first one to go to the pen when we call someone up or he falters.

Why would Trembley try to appease the fans? He should be trying to appease the veteran they just signed by saying that Hendrickson will be given at least a chance to start.

Our front office is baffling. Dunn should be offered. End of story. Adn so should Sheets. We need guys like this and these guys will require multi year deals. I just don't think this front office knows what it is doing. We have 1 proven major league starter and 1 guy from Japan and then no idea who the other 3 starting pitchers are at this point. Meanwhile, the Red Sox have like 7starters.

It is going to be a very long year. Very very long.

Maybe, just maybe AM called and the agents said we really have no interest.

Maybe, just maybe AM called and the agents said we really have no interest.

Then it should at least be stated that we tried. The national media usually has a pretty good idea of who has at least asked about certain FA's. I haven't seen us linked with him. At least nothing official, with quotes, from either side fo the negotiating table

Why would Trembley try to appease the fans? He should be trying to appease the veteran they just signed by saying that Hendrickson will be given at least a chance to start.

No idea. All I'm hearing is that as of now, Hendrickson is in the rotation, and that was the plan all along.

No idea. All I'm hearing is that as of now, Hendrickson is in the rotation, and that was the plan all along.

Sure. As of now. Before spring training. Before the end of the offseason. I don't imagine he's going to be particularly hard to beat out for the role.

The club - like any sane person or organization - prefers Hendrickson out of the pen. He won't be hard to beat out for the rotation.

The more I read about their approach to free agents this year the more I'm beginning to believe those that have said they are preparing to sell this team or take on new ownership. I'm beginnig to get some real negative vibes about the rest of this off season. I'll just leave you with one question. How many free agents have the O's signed this off season for which there was competition?

The more I read about their approach to free agents this year the more I'm beginning to believe those that have said they are preparing to sell this team or take on new ownership. I'm beginnig to get some real negative vibes about the rest of this off season. I'll just leave you with one question. How many free agents have the O's signed this off season for which there was competition?

Are all of the other teams that have not signed a lot of free agents preparing to sell there teams as well?

I hope that Angelos does sell but all we have is internet innuendo and no facts

Competition drives up prices. You look around and try to find value that others aren't seeing. You don't look around and try to buy the things everyone else wants.

I mean, that's Moneyball 101.

Archived