Some minor things...

TJ Wrangler

Except he's not building it up, rather he's tearing it down and using a model that might not work with our history of poor development in the minors.

Let him keep letting Angelos keep all the money that should be going into the team and meanwhile we can lose until all our talent from the minors pans out.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Who am I to question the Orioles FO? They can do no wrong. :rolleyestf:

And this isn't about Tex, it's about putting money into the franchise that the Orioles supposedly have but refuse to spend to make the team better. We've lowballed Markakis twice in our negotiations and I'm not talking about our latest offer. Are you actually ok with that?

Why are we becoming a small market team with the revenue of MASN? That was supposed to be the equalizer. And don't say it's going into scouting and development because it simply isn't. It's not costing 30-50 million to send Stockstill around the world and run the Dominican facility.

And we spent less than 10 million on draft picks this year.

So where is all that money going?

How can you not question that we want to be like the Twins and Rays when we have the resources to do so much more and put a watchable product on the field in 2009?

Wait a minute, I forgot who I was talking to for a second there...

See, you are STILL doing it.

All of this goes back to Teixeira and you not being able to handle the basic reported fact that he TOLD us he was not interested.

Until you can get that through your love-struck mind, there really is no room for discussion on any aspect on how a major-league baseball team is run.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See, you are STILL doing it.

All of this goes back to Teixeira and you not being able to handle the basic reported fact that he TOLD us he was not interested.

Until you can get that through your love-struck mind, there really is no room for discussion on any aspect on how a major-league baseball team is run.

Personally I think you are too obsessed with me being obsessed with Teixeira to see that I've moved past that and am concerned with the lack of premium position talent in this organization, and MacPhail's inability to add it despite the resources that this team should have at his disposal.

Personally I think you are too obsessed with me being obsessed with Teixeira to see that I've moved past that and am concerned with the lack of premium talent in this organization, and MacPhail's inability to add it despite the resources that this team should have at his disposal.

Well I think you are still so obsessed over Teixeira that you are ignoring logical reasons for not going after certain players, whether it is the injury factor or the money factor or the not-going-to-be-here-when-we-are-winning factor.

You keep going back to the same mantra of "we have the resources, so we MUST spend the resources", yet you don't know exactly what we have nor the effects of the economy nor exactly what other players want outside of reporters' conjecture.

You can make assumptions and guesses about the thought processes and monetary issues, you can say that some of these things don't or shouldn't matter, but you can't simply ignore them and base what you believe is happening on rejecting reality and substituting your own.

Well I think you are still so obsessed over Teixeira that you are ignoring logical reasons for not going after certain players, whether it is the injury factor or the money factor or the not-going-to-be-here-when-we-are-winning factor.

You keep going back to the same mantra of "we have the resources, so we MUST spend the resources", yet you don't know exactly what we have nor the effects of the economy nor exactly what other players want outside of reporters' conjecture.

You can make assumptions and guesses about the thought processes and monetary issues, you can say that some of these things don't or shouldn't matter, but you can't simply ignore them and base what you believe is happening on rejecting reality and substituting your own.

Why are we not in on Adam Dunn? He's a bargain right now and would be here when we were competing if we were to give him a 4 year deal. He would also allow us to trade Luke Scott for a RH bat. Why haven't we given Markakis the extra 10 million or even 5 million to close the gap?

Except he's not building it up, rather he's tearing it down and using a model that might not work with our history of poor development in the minors.

Let him keep letting Angelos keep all the money that should be going into the team and meanwhile we can lose until all our talent from the minors pans out.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Who am I to question the Orioles FO? They can do no wrong. :rolleyestf:

And this isn't about Tex, it's about putting money into the franchise that the Orioles supposedly have but refuse to spend to make the team better. We've lowballed Markakis twice in our negotiations and I'm not talking about our latest offer. Are you actually ok with that?

Why are we becoming a small market team with the revenue of MASN? That was supposed to be the equalizer. And don't say it's going into scouting and development because it simply isn't. It's not costing 30-50 million to send Stockstill around the world and run the Dominican facility.

And we spent less than 10 million on draft picks this year.

So where is all that money going?

How can you not question that we want to be like the Twins and Rays when we have the resources to do so much more and put a watchable product on the field in 2009?

Yea, its like Best Buy suddenly behaving like a Mom & Pop electronics store despite having a massive revenue stream and distribution network.

CUSTOMER: "What do you mean you don't have a website? This is Best Buy!"

BEST BUY: "Yes, even though we SHOULD have a website, the Sharper Image has a larger customer base so we will continue to operate on word of mouth sales."

That's Angelos' sick and perverted reasoning against spending any money on the team at all.

I don't know why so many people here keep giving the Orioles FO the benefit of the doubt. I really don't get it.

MSK

Yea, its like Best Buy suddenly behaving like a Mom & Pop electronics store despite having a massive revenue stream and distribution network.

BEST BUY: "Yes, even though we SHOULD have a website, the Sharper Image has a larger customer base so we will continue to operate on word of mouth sales."

That's Angelos' sick and perverted reasoning against spending any money on the team at all.

I don't know why so many people here keep giving the Orioles FO the benefit of the doubt. I really don't get it.

MSK

Good analogy. We really need to get in on some of these bargains.

Good analogy. We really need to get in on some of these bargains.

Seriously.

There are some quality FAs out there who could be had for next to nothing. Ones who aren't over 35 and on the downswing in their careers. Stopgap or not, you still should try to get someone GOOD so fans have a reason to go to the games.

I wish there was some kind of oversight in the business to determine why the revenue isn't being streamed into the improvement of the team.

MSK

Well as I said in some thread... perhaps this one: Angelos being the primary owner of a business, first priority is to make a profit for his investors. Unfortunately for the fans, that may come at the expense of something decent to watch from time to time to time to time.

If Dunn can be had at $10m that's fine. He's worth a look.

There's no one else on the market who I can really say that about. And there's also no reason to think we haven't looked into Dunn.

The fact that you haven't heard something only means that it hasn't been leaked. In this case, it's wise to play this close to the vest. He only makes sense if he's undervalued, and the sure way to get him bid up beyond that point is to leak whatever you're offering.

We should be getting ready to welcome Zaun to Baltimore in the next few days. Hardly news, but it is nice to hear confirmed. I asked my father to ask about what Roy was saying, and if we were going to take advantage of the market. Hopefully that answer will be yes, but I doubt it based off of how we've acted so far.

Is your Dad Peter Angelos or God?

Personally I think you are too obsessed with me being obsessed with Teixeira to see that I've moved past that and am concerned with the lack of premium position talent in this organization, and MacPhail's inability to add it despite the resources that this team should have at his disposal.

First of all, to reference an earlier post, MASN isn't supposed to be an "equalizer." It's not going to be close to an equalizer. That's just flat out wrong.

Listen carefully : Adding premium talent into an organization TAKES TIME regardless how much money you've got. I would say that MacPhail has organized a very good foundation of talent.

If you can look at the organizational talent and depth in this system and tell me we're not better than we were two years ago, well then I'm just not sure what to tell you. You would be unreasonable and flat out wrong.

Why are we not in on Adam Dunn? He's a bargain right now and would be here when we were competing if we were to give him a 4 year deal.

You KNOW he's a bargain? You know what he's asking for? You know about his willingness to play for a bad team AS a bargain?

Why haven't we given Markakis the extra 10 million or even 5 million to close the gap?

Why hasn't HE closed the gap?

MSK

That analogy makes NO sense whatsoever.

Archived