Dodgers Actively Looking for CF to Replace Bellinger…..Would you trade Mullins?

Roll Tide

5 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

We also have a gigantic hole in our starting rotation. Maybe two or three holes. That being said I would much rather trade Hays, Urias, and prospects.

I am happy with Kremer, Bradish, Gibson, Grayson, Wells, and Voth with Means and Hall joining sometime during the season.   Watkins who had a 4.17 ERA as a major league starter begins the season at AAA.    I think that is a lot for Holt to work with.

While none for these guys are Verlander they do have a lot of upside.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, I think we’ll wait until at least the July trade deadline to consider any Mullins trade.  It becomes more tenable if Cowser is acing AAA and looks able to handle CF well.  Most likely, it will be next offseason before we look at it seriously.  

I question Cowser's speed.   I see him as a corner outfielder possibly replacing  Hays in left at some point.  Just not in Mullins CF class.  ST will be revealing.

8 hours ago, owknows said:

None of whom saw fit to level accusations until after the lights were on and cameras were rolling.

I think this is completely unfair.  Oftentimes accusers are scared to come forward because they know they won't be believed and it's not worth having their names dragged through the mud.  But when someone finally does it is not uncommon for others to feel like they will have more credibility.

We don't know either way in this case, but I think your post is way too definitive.

As for Bauer, no thank you.  There is a broad gap between "not doing something illegal" and "being a decent human."  I have no interest in him being on this team because regardless what happens in court the public opinion of him will remain.  See what's happening with Watson on the Browns.  Add on the fact that he's a bad clubhouse guy and it's a hard pass from me.  Culture matters.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, StottyByNature said:

I think this is completely unfair.  Oftentimes accusers are scared to come forward because they know they won't be believed and it's not worth having their names dragged through the mud.  But when someone finally does it is not uncommon for others to feel like they will have more credibility.

We don't know either way in this case, but I think your post is way too definitive.

As for Bauer, no thank you.  There is a broad gap between "not doing something illegal" and "being a decent human."  I have no interest in him being on this team because regardless what happens in court the public opinion of him will remain.  See what's happening with Watson on the Browns.  Add on the fact that he's a bad clubhouse guy and it's a hard pass from me.  Culture matters.

This is the is the point I made earlier in this thread and it's encouraging to see another voice of reason. Thank you for your comment. I'm not saying every player has to be a saint, but I don't understand why a team would even consider bringing such a known clubhouse cancer into the mix with so many young impressionable players. I also don't think an Orioles message board/forum is really the appropriate place to discuss Trevor Bauer's guilt or innocence. Like religion and politics, it's a touchy subject and I find that the people who bring it up are often just looking for a fight. Same with Deshaun Watson. 

One thing that hasn't been discussed is Trevor Bauer's performance. If you go back and check his Twitter thread and/or past quotes he publicly admitted to cheating when it comes to using foreign substances to increase his spin rate. Since he didn't pitch in 2022 we have no idea how the crackdown will effect his game. That coupled with everything else just presents way too many red flags. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, StottyByNature said:

And oftentimes accusers are opportunist parasites seizing an opportunity to cash in on a situation they can manipulate to their advantage.

Which was true in this case?

Do you know?

I don't think you do.

But you seem very willing to ruin a man's life without knowing.

The District Attorney's office reviewed ALL of the evidence presented by ALL of the relevant parties, and decided that there was no evidence to warrant charges.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, owknows said:

And oftentimes accusers are opportunist parasites seizing an opportunity to cash in on a situation they can manipulate to their advantage.

Which was true in this case?

Do you know?

I don't think you do.

But you seem very willing to ruin a man's life without knowing.

The District Attorney's office reviewed ALL of the evidence presented by ALL of the relevant parties, and decided that there was no evidence to warrant charges.

Some other facts:

1) Bauer's retaliatory lawsuit for defamation of character was dismissed. His defamation lawsuit and her countersuit for defamation are both still active. 

2) MLB did its own investigation and found enough evidence to suspend him for two years. 

3) He has additional accusations. They have not been proven to a legal standard.

Whether he pitches again or not, his life is far from ruined. He has $100M+ in career earnings, he's going to be just fine. If you want to focus on facts, then no need for hyperbole. 

12 minutes ago, owknows said:

A guy like what?

Even based on HIS side of the story, Bauer admitted that he inflicted the injuries on the girl who had black eyes and bruises and scrapes all over her face.   His side was that the "encounter was consensual".   He also admitted to her admission that he sodomized her while she was unconscious.   By his own admission, he said he "took it too far".

OK, so the authorities didn't have enough evidence to bring charges.   I still think based on what he himself has admitted to, he is pretty much a scumbag I wouldn't want on my team.   GMs make judgements based on clubhouse presence and personality and other intangibles all the time, this would certainly be a reasonable judgement to make.

• Upvote 1