Dodgers Actively Looking for CF to Replace Bellinger…..Would you trade Mullins?

Roll Tide

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

From a winning baseball games perspective, I don't know how anyone can argue this point.

Right but obviously a lot for LAD to give up for Mullins, even though he fills a position that they are actively attempting to fill. 

Would Mullins and returning Kremer to them for May and Bauer be less ridiculously lopsided in the Orioles favor? I still do this deal. 

You're essentially swapping Mullins for May then throwing in Kremer to take on an outcast player. If you could somehow make a deal for May and Bauer work, you suddenly have a surplus of Major League rotation players. Yes, injuries occur but Kremer's 2022 proved that he's at least a backend Major League starter. 

Mullins and Kremer for May and Bauer is a win-win for both teams, greatly improving the Orioles. 

3 minutes ago, StottyByNature said:

Here is the entirety of your post responding to someone who pointed out that Bauer has two other accusers:

"None of whom saw fit to level accusations until after the lights were on and cameras were rolling." 

I'd suggest that if you intended to leave open the possibility that the accusers may have merit, then it is on you to communicate as such.  This, coupled with you missing my clearly stated position that "we don't know either way", leads me to believe this is not a conversation being had in good faith.

I made a statement of material fact.

His secondary accusers did not materialize until after the lights were on and the cameras were rolling.

This raises the possibility that their actions were opportunistic. And that this warrants consideration.

It does not declare them to be opportunistic.

And that said, I think we can agree that this conversation is no longer being had in good faith.

I'll leave it here.

50 minutes ago, banks703 said:

It does have to do with Mullins. The idea that was floated was Mullins for May and Bauer with LA eating Bauer's money. 

Right but it’s not at all realistic. You and a few others seem to want to beat this to death because you have some irrelevant argument you want to make. 

Who says it isn't realistic? 

That trade scenario would be May for Mullins with the Orioles taking an outcast Bauer off of LA's hands. The Dodgers are likely going to cut ties with Bauer anyway and would have to eat his money by outright releasing him. Is it your opinion that for the Dodger's, there's a better CF option than Mullins? 

I disagree on the relevance. 

42 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks for that. From a locker room standpoint, sound like he's a great teammate. 

Since charges were not filed and he was not found guilty of sexual assault, I would personally not have a problem with him pitching for the Orioles. I've read through the reports and although I'm not condoning anything he reportedly did, I'm not interested in the sex lives of our players.

Let me add this though, I don't see the Elias signing him because someone will give him a boat load of money. 

Now, if the Dodgers would eat a boat load of money, I'd consider trading Mullins for him even though I'd hate to lose our only real CFer.

Be interesting to see how it turns out. There has been talk of unconditional release, and interest from a few big market teams has been reported. There has also been legal discussion of Bauer winning his appeal of the 2nd year of suspension which would put the team on the hook for some money. You'd think they'd want to get at least something for him, and maybe negotiate a split for his remaining contract.

I think the proposal on the table in this thread was Mullins for May and Bauer with the Dodgers eating his whole contract. That I think the Orioles would do in a snap if they were satisfied with the PR implications. I think they (the Orioles) could maybe even sweeten that deal and still come out on the winning side.

10 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Dodgers are in the market for a SS.  Why not Mateo for May?  The Orioles can more easily replace Mateo with in-house candidates than Mullins, IMO.

I just saw that on MLB Trade Rumors. 

Mateo doesn't get you May. Mullins alone probably doesn't get you May. The O's would have to throw in another player or as previously belabored.. take on a (perceived) negative like Bauer. 

Just now, banks703 said:

I just saw that on MLB Trade Rumors. 

Mateo doesn't get you May. Mullins alone probably doesn't get you May. The O's would have to throw in another player or as previously belabored.. take on a (perceived) negative like Bauer. 

I'd go Mullins and Mateo for May and Bauer.

2 minutes ago, owknows said:

Be interesting to see how it turns out. There has been talk of unconditional release, and interest from a few big market teams has been reported. There has also been legal discussion of Bauer winning his appeal of the 2nd year of suspension which would put the team on the hook for some money. You'd think they'd want to get at least something for him, and maybe negotiate a split for his remaining contract.

I think the proposal on the table in this thread was Mullins for May and Bauer with the Dodgers eating his whole contract. That I think the Orioles would do in a snap if they were satisfied with the PR implications. I think they (the Orioles) could maybe even sweeten that deal and still come out on the winning side.

Mateo and Mullins? Throw in Kremer somewhere?

18 minutes ago, owknows said:

I'd go Mullins and Mateo for May and Bauer.

I'm really concerned about trading Mullins until we know we have another guy that can handle CF.  Cowser may be that guy, but we don't know yet.  Losing Mullins could well effectively reduce the performance of all of our pitchers.  Mateo plus for May maybe, but not Mullins, IMO.  Perhaps Mateo plus the Competive Balance Round B pick for May.  I don't know.  Just spit-balling.

Edited by Number5

6 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I'm really concerned about trading Mullins until we know we have another guy that can handle CF.  Cowser may be that guy, but we don't know yet.  Losing Mullins could well effectively reduce the performance of all of our pitchers.  Mateo plus for May maybe, but not Mullins, IMO.  Perhaps Mateo plus the Competive Balance Round B pick for May.  I don't know.  Just spit-balling.

It's a real concern.

I'd have no objection to either of these proposals.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks for that. From a locker room standpoint, sound like he's a great teammate. 

Since charges were not filed and he was not found guilty of sexual assault, I would personally not have a problem with him pitching for the Orioles. I've read through the reports and although I'm not condoning anything he reportedly did, I'm not interested in the sex lives of our players.

Let me add this though, I don't see the Elias signing him because someone will give him a boat load of money. 

Now, if the Dodgers would eat a boat load of money, I'd consider trading Mullins for him even though I'd hate to lose our only real CFer.

I am inclined to agree that if the Dodgers ate a good portion of the contract, that Mullins for Bauer would be a favorable trade. If it did happen though, how would you address CF in the short term?

55 minutes ago, owknows said:

I am inclined to agree that if the Dodgers ate a good portion of the contract, that Mullins for Bauer would be a favorable trade. If it did happen though, how would you address CF in the short term?

Depends on how much defense or offense you are willing to give up if you go inhouse options. I think Elias would probably go outside of the org to fill that hole because I don't think Cowser is ready and even if you did, range wise Cowser is going to be step down from Mullins. 

McKenna is the best option defensively of current options, but you know the limitations on the bat. this is where you trade from your infield prospect depth.