Mateo Trade Potential

RVAOsFan

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

Mateo isn't worth any more or any less in a trade than he was 2 months ago. 

I'd venture a guess that Baltimore needs to trade him, or someone from the middle infield moreso than the Dodgers need to trade for him.

I'd venture the Dodgers would offer more for him than they would have 2 months ago.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I'd venture the Dodgers would offer more for him than they would have 2 months ago.

Yes,. They're trying to win a World Series. It would be worth it to them to give up a decent pitching prospect to get some great defense at SS. 

2 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Yes,. They're trying to win a World Series. It would be worth it to them to give up a decent pitching prospect to get some great defense at SS. 

I don’t think there’s any doubt they’ll go get a SS.   It’s just a matter of who.  Odds that it’s Mateo are probably less than 10%, but he’s a plausible candidate.  

1 hour ago, btdart20 said:

Are you including actually getting the bat on the ball (i.e. Whiff%)?  EV?  K%?  xBA?  Old school stuff like BA?  OBP?  

Ironically Rojas was better than Mateo in both of those "old school" stats (OBP and BA) last season too, but I guess that doesn't fit @DirtyBird's narrative. 

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think there’s any doubt they’ll go get a SS.   It’s just a matter of who.  Odds that it’s Mateo are probably less than 10%, but he’s a plausible candidate.  

If Volpe has a big spring I wonder if the Yankees would consider trading Peraza for someone like Stone (to replace Montas). If I were the Dodgers that would be a much more appealing trade to me. 

7 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

If Volpe has a big spring I wonder if the Yankees would consider trading Peraza for someone like Stone (to replace Montas). If I were the Dodgers that would be a much more appealing trade to me. 

Seems plausible.  I’m not sure the Yankees would want to hand SS to a guy with 99 PA in AAA, though, unless they really think he’s special.  

Geez, Mateo's value in the OH cohort has plummeted more than crypto.  Just a handful of months ago his stock was high.  

I'm not against trading him for the right price, but the level of eliteness his speed, glove, and arm have is incredibly rare.  There were a number of games last year where he literally took over solely with those tools.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, yark14 said:

Geez, Mateo's value in the OH cohort has plummeted more than crypto.  Just a handful of months ago his stock was high.  

I'm not against trading him for the right price, but the level of eliteness his speed, glove, and arm have is incredibly rare.  There were a number of games last year where he literally took over solely with those tools.

Correct.

His presence on the team is affecting the #1 prospect in baseball having a full time position, but no other team would have a use for him according to some.

12 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

You like old school stats? How about Home Runs (Mateo had 2x Rojas) and Stolen Bases (Mateo 4x Rojas)

No, I don't. They're an archaic way of measuring a player's worth in this day and age. I also never said Mateo wasn't an upgrade over Rojas. I said he wasn't a significant enough of an upgrade.