Suggested Deal w/Marlins

Answerman

39 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Oh ok. I read SS but this makes more sense.

So Mateo makes more sense for them than Urias.

The Marlins are looking for offense.   They already have a light hitting defensive guy at SS, in Miguel Rojas.

Santander or Mullins and I don't think the Orioles are doing a Mullins trade.    Would the Marlins want Santander?

Just don't see how the Marlins are a good fit for a trade with the Os. Not sure the Orioles are a better team getting rid of Mullins or Santander for Pablo Lopez and if they aren't looking for prospects in return, there's no one else that fits. 

Just now, LTO's said:

Just don't see how the Marlins are a good fit for a trade with the Os. Not sure the Orioles are a better team getting rid of Mullins or Santander for Pablo Lopez and if they aren't looking for prospects in return, there's no one else that fits. 

I think you could make a case that trading Santander and installing Stowers in RF might turn out well.    You never know but you'd think that Santander is at peak value, 2 years from FA, coming off of his first fully healthy, productive season.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

Fair enough.  With the confusing signing of Fraizer, there is simply nowhere for Urias to play on a regular basis (which he should be doing).  A trade to the fish for pitching makes sense. 

I think they’d be better off trading Mateo, moving Henderson to SS, and playing Urias at 3B. Urias has much more upside than Mateo IMO.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I think you could make a case that trading Santander and installing Stowers in RF might turn out well.    You never know but you'd think that Santander is at peak value, 2 years from FA, coming off of his first fully healthy, productive season.

Agree with this 100%. Trading Santander (as the main piece) to land a SP world be my preferred move. Santander’s value will never be this high again IMO and I’m fine with gambling on one of our young prospects to replace his power.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Agree with this 100%. Trading Santander (as the main piece) to land a SP world be my preferred move. Santander’s value will never be this high again IMO and I’m fine with gambling on one of our young prospects to replace his power.

Yeah, but with FA thin, we really don’t have a replacement for Santander. Our struggles over the last half of the season were offensively. I just don’t see how we can afford to subtract Mullins or Santander. I’d rather target Eric Lauer from the Brewers. Ramon Urias could be the MLB player going back in return. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yeah, but with FA thin, we really don’t have a replacement for Santander. Our struggles over the last half of the season were offensively. I just don’t see how we can afford to subtract Mullins or Santander. I’d rather target Eric Lauer from the Brewers. Ramon Urias could be the MLB player going back in return. 

The question is "What are the odds that Santander can play a full season and repeat what he did last year".   Which way do you gamble?    We have Stowers and Cowser on the way.   I would take the gamble of trading him now.    As someone else said, you can put Henderson at SS and Urias at 3B.   Take the weak parts out of lineup.    

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

From a Brewers FA site about Lauer,

https://brewerfanatic.com/news-rumors/milwaukee-brewers/is-eric-lauer-the-starting-pitcher-most-likely-traded-by-the-brewers-r606/

Lauer has been publicly critical of the FO. The Brewers need a 3B and we could offer Ramon Urias +. 

Eric Lauer would be a good pickup assuming the Brewers asking price is reasonable and I don’t see the Orioles landing any remaining free agent pitcher who would be better than Lauer. 

• Upvote 2

My proposed trade idea. 

Orioles Get: E.Cabrera (SP) and K.Watson (SS/2B)

Marlins Get: A.Santander (OF/DH) and R. Urias (3B)

It's dead even, according to this trade evaluator. The Marlins get an OF and 2B or 3B they can can immediately plug into their lineup (i.e., MLB ready talent). The Orioles get a highly touted SP prospect who's MLB ready and an interesting SS/2B to add to their minor league pipeline. Short term, we give Santander's slot to Cowser with Kjerstad as our fall back plan. Thoughts?

https://imgur.com/a/0q9ys1s (Screen shot of trade evaluator)