Prepare yourselves for Hosmer

interloper

3 hours ago, Explosivo said:

I like Westburg a lot but he's not a first baseman, has never played first baseman in the minors nor did he in college. He has zero experience. There's no way I'd be more comfortable with a guy who has no experience at the major league level playing a position he probably never even played in high school vs a guy who has played in many postseasons on different teams and in World Series games. That's kinda nuts my dude. I think we see Westburg this year eventually and the trade deadline will determine that factor. His time would be better spent in AAA with regular at bats and waiting for the opportunity to play at second than to sit on the bench playing sparingly behind Mountcastle.

I definitely may be wrong, but my feeling is that opportunity never comes with Ortiz on the way. It sounds like he is better defensively. I hope Westburg or Mountcastle are part of a trade for a pitcher with the other playing first. Mountcastle had to learn the position. I would imagine Westburg would pick it up even quicker as a better infielder overall.

Everyone seems to “have heard” Hosmer is a jerk.  Does anyone have anything concrete, link, something or is it all just a “gut” feeling.? I’ve met him before and he was incredible nice and went out of his way be nice to my son.  Just curious on what other experiences folks have had that has given him such a bad name.  I’ve heard rumblings as well and by no means am I trying to stick up for him, but what is driving your decisions on his character?  I’d be curious to hear those stories.  

31 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Everyone seems to “have heard” Hosmer is a jerk.  Does anyone have anything concrete, link, something or is it all just a “gut” feeling.? I’ve met him before and he was incredible nice and went out of his way be nice to my son.  Just curious on what other experiences folks have had that has given him such a bad name.  I’ve heard rumblings as well and by no means am I trying to stick up for him, but what is driving your decisions on his character?  I’d be curious to hear those stories.  

This hits on a few things. 

https://browntown.substack.com/p/eric-hosmer-fashion-and-fixing-a

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I think he is a "jerk" because he hasn't lived up to his contract.  

Maybe he will benefit from the shift ban.  

Spray chart shows he's pretty balanced for base hits.

Slight bias to RF side for singles

Slight bias to LF side for his infrequent fly ball outs. (doesn't put it in the air much)

23 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I read it, kind of fast.   Did I miss something?   I don't think it says one thing about Hosmer being a jerk or bad teammate.

I didn’t either.  Been searching around and haven’t found anything yet.  

I get he played for the 2014 Royals and 8 years later that still stings.  But by all accounts he seems to be a pretty driven, focused, and determined guy.