Did the D'backs just pass the O's farm system?

wildcard

Moreno traded from the Blue Jay to the D'backs.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/12/blue-jays-close-to-acquiring-daulton-varsho.html

They now have four of the top 20 prospects in baseball, with Moreno at #3 at Baseball America, followed by Carroll at #5, shortstop Jordan Lawlar at #11 and outfielder Druw Jones at #19.

• Upvote 1

Fangraphs already had us at no. 2, narrowly behind Tampa.  https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/the-board/2022-in-season-prospect-list/farm-ranking?sort=-1,1&type=100&filter=&pos=&team=

By their methodology, Moreno adds $55 mm in value to Arizona, not enough to catch us.  Overall, they have a very tight pack at the top compared to last year, more because other teams have risen in value that from any decline by the Orioles.  

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Moreno isn't rookie eligible.  Is he still prospect eligible? Technicality.

Depends on who’s doing the list.  I know that BA goes strictly on at bats for position players, regardless of service time.   I’m not sure what the other entities/people who rate prospects do.   

2 hours ago, TopGunnar said:

I mean, we just graduated Gunnar and Adley. 2 potential superstars. 

This. I care more about prospects who have proven they can play in the big leagues. Good prospects fail all the time. Adley is already one of the five best catchers in baseball (I'd put him top three myself). 

Gunnar looked really good in September as the youngest player in MLB. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 2