Roch's Latest... Speculation about Dunn?

Nick The Stick

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just beyond me how we could offer Tex 7/140, but we aren't even going for Dunn. Dunn isn't as good as Tex and is more of a liability in the field, but if prior to the offseason I was told I could get Dunn 4/50 or so vs. Tex 8/180, I'd have chosen Dunn in a heartbeat.

Its amazing how some have this bizarre tunnel vision when it comes to the O's FO. Roy made a post after speaking to an AL GM (I think) stating that the teams who have shown interest in Dunn were told he is not interested in playing for them. Adam Dunn could be on ESPN saying, I want to play for a contender, and people here would still slam the FO for not signing him.

The bottom line is, everyone is guessing the reasons why Dunn has not been signed by the O's. If MacPhail inquired about Dunn and was told that it wasnt going to happen by Dunn's agent, he would probably not call the Sun to say how he was snubbed. He does not operate that way.

People say that the "homers" have blinders on when it comes to the FO. Well all the naysayers have blinders on also, MacPhail has done a lot for this team beginning at the foundation, yet many think he's done nothing to improve the talent on the team or in the minors. Blinders for everyone, they just tunnel what we each see differently.

Dunn wants 4/$56. Thats almost within range of having a discussion.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

We need to put 3/30 on the table.

That is a decent opening offer when you consider the lack of movement on him.

Lowe just got a 4/60 contract from the Braves...No one else seems to be getting a big 4 year deal at this point.

Dunn may wait until Manny is signed though.

Malike, your right. However there are ways of saying things. AM could come and say that they have contacted Dunn's agent and that they are ""currently"" looking at other options. At least we would know that they have talked. AM should be calling everyone and see who is dropping and who might want to sign NOW vs stilling looking.

Its amazing how some have this bizarre tunnel vision when it comes to the O's FO. Roy made a post after speaking to an AL GM (I think) stating that the teams who have shown interest in Dunn were told he is not interested in playing for them. Adam Dunn could be on ESPN saying, I want to play for a contender, and people here would still slam the FO for not signing him.

The bottom line is, everyone is guessing the reasons why Dunn has not been signed by the O's. If MacPhail inquired about Dunn and was told that it wasnt going to happen by Dunn's agent, he would probably not call the Sun to say how he was snubbed. He does not operate that way.

People say that the "homers" have blinders on when it comes to the FO. Well all the naysayers have blinders on also, MacPhail has done a lot for this team beginning at the foundation, yet many think he's done nothing to improve the talent on the team or in the minors. Blinders for everyone, they just tunnel what we each see differently.

Not signing him is one thing...Not ATTEMPTING to sign him is an entirely different problem.

Not signing him is one thing...Not ATTEMPTING to sign him is an entirely different problem.
In this case Malike is pointing out the possibility that MacPhail did try to sign Dunn, but Dunn and his agent told him behind closed doors that Dunn has no interest in signing with Baltimore.

I don't think that is likely the case, but it is possible. And if it were the case, I don't think MacPhail would come out and say, "I want Dunn to play here but he's refusing to even listen to our offers."

One problem.... Dunn does not hit right handed:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I don't believe for a second that this is actually a problem.

If there are two guys who are roughly equal they'd prefer a right-handed hitter. But if the left-handed hitter is a considerably better hitter than the right-handed guy, they absolutely will go with the left-handed hitter.

Great post! I think you really captured the sentiment of many posters right now. I don't mind criticising AMac when it's due, but some people have made in an obligatory signature in their posts.

And do people really think the main reason we're not interested in Dunn is due to him being a RH hitter? I don't know anyone personally on this site, which can make sarcasm--at times--difficult to read, but I'm beginning to think that people are just reaching for anything to critique.

There is a big difference between what rumor-sites say and what actually happens on AM's telephone.

We are unlikely to know any details whatsoever about any conversations between AM and Dunn's agent.

Not that this will interfere with the AM-bashing as Dunn waits for Manny to sign before deciding which not-last-place team to sign with.

Archived