Maybe Frazier can play

wildcard

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

He had upside relative to the other options available for the league minimum.

I think the differing angst is based solely on expectations of the team, and I think that is perfectly normal.

You can't walk that back dude.  Not gonna happen.  You thought he had upside.

Had you meant upside relative to the other options available for the league minimum, you'd have said it.

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You can't walk that back dude.  Not gonna happen.  You thought he had upside.

Had you meant upside relative to the other options available for the league minimum, you'd have said it.

What did I say?  He did have upside, relative to other league minimum signings.

Ok, I went and read what I wrote.  I mentioned his upside directly in context of his expense.

I stand by it.

Edited by Pickles

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

What did I say?  He did have upside, relative to other league minimum signings.

On 11/30/2021 at 6:55 PM, Pickles said:

I'm actually good with this.  He's got upside and he's undoubtedly cheap.

Just giving you a hard time dude, it's ok.  Everyone here except SG has had funny moments.

• Haha 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Just giving you a hard time dude, it's ok.  Everyone here except SG has had funny moments.

I edited my post, but I went and read it and I stand by it tbh.

He was league-minimum signing, aged 27, with multiple years of 30+ Hrs in the past (fairly distant admittedly.)

I didn't think he'd fulfill that upside, but it was there if you squint.  I didn't think we'd be competive last year; I was wrong about that.  If I'd known that, I'd have wanted somethign different obviously.

Just now, Pickles said:

I edited my post, but I went and read it and I stand by it tbh.

He was league-minimum signing, aged 27, with multiple years of 30+ Hrs in the past (fairly distant admittedly.)

I didn't think he'd fulfill that upside, but it was there if you squint.  I didn't think we'd be competive last year; I was wrong about that.  If I'd known that, I'd have wanted somethign different obviously.

I don't think anyone thought we were going to be competitive last year.  

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't think anyone thought we were going to be competitive last year.  

I went and read through the rest of the thread, and I stand by everything I wrote.

He did have "upside," at least in comparison to who he replaced in Richie Martin.  And I also wrote he was exremely unlikely to fulfill that upside, which, unfortunately, turned out to be true.

I did not think he would get as many ABs as he did, particularly the way he performed, but they clearly valued something about him last year that was not directly tied to his on-field performance.  And I tend to defer in such situations.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

I went and read through the rest of the thread, and I stand by everything I wrote.

He did have "upside," at least in comparison to who he replaced in Richie Martin.  And I also wrote he was exremely unlikely to fulfill that upside, which, unfortunately, turned out to be true.

I did not think he would get as many ABs as he did, particularly the way he performed, but they clearly valued something about him last year that was not directly tied to his on-field performance.  And I tend to defer in such situations.

Yeah, it's easier to dig your heels in.

• Haha 1