....Zack Britton reunion?

Moose Milligan

1 hour ago, JimGinSP said:

You would have to think if his stock falls to the point of signing a split contract we would be the favorite.  He has a long relationship with our AAA manager!

(best Seinfeld voice)...  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Haha 1

Well it looks like what Local Media in my area ( NY Metro Area ) where correct ............ Yankees getting very nervous about spending any more money on players (Excerpt from Article on MLB Trade Rumors ) >>>>>>  "Jon Heyman of the New York Post reports the Yankees don’t want to exceed the $293MM threshold. Considering where their payroll stands, rigidly sticking to that goal would rule out any other notable addition unless the club finds a way to shed some money. " .......... ALSO some some people "Suspect" Michael Wacha's choice was down to just the Yankees and Orioles <<<<< I guess will will see if that is true .....GO O's !!!!!

3 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Well it looks like what Local Media in my area ( NY Metro Area ) where correct ............ Yankees getting very nervous about spending any more money on players (Excerpt from Article on MLB Trade Rumors ) >>>>>>  "Jon Heyman of the New York Post reports the Yankees don’t want to exceed the $293MM threshold. Considering where their payroll stands, rigidly sticking to that goal would rule out any other notable addition unless the club finds a way to shed some money. " .......... ALSO some some people "Suspect" Michael Wacha's choice was down to just the Yankees and Orioles <<<<< I guess we will see if that is true .....GO O's !!!!!

Had to use quote button to EDIT my above comment since there is no edit button .

3 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I’d like it assuming he’s healthy. Would give another trustworthy arm at the back of the bullpen for bridge to Bautista. 

who would you bump though?

I don’t think we have the bullpen flexibility to carry Britton. We need our relievers to pitch all the time. Back to back games. Three out of four. We can’t option him. 

I don’t see a fit, and that’s without health concerns. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the Blue Jays Economic Analyst doing some extra cartwheels and backflips for a Good, Hurt Pitcher:

Blue Jays signed RHP Chad Green to a one-year, $2.25 million contract with a $27 million club option for 2024, 2025 and 2026.

Shi Davidi of Sportsnet reports that the deal also contains a $6.5 million player option for 2024, which Green can exercise if the Blue Jays decline his more lucrative three-year club option. If both options are declined, Toronto can exercise an additional $21 million club option for 2024 and 2025. The 31-year-old right-hander underwent Tommy John surgery last June and is expected to be sidelined until the very late stages of the 2023 season. He holds a sparkling 3.17 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 494/96 K/BB ratio across 383 2/3 innings (274 appearances) in the majors since 2016. He's a worthwhile low-risk gamble for the Blue Jays and should be able to bolster their high-leverage relief mix once he's completed his lengthy rehabilitation process.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Here is the Blue Jays Economic Analyst doing some extra cartwheels and backflips for a Good, Hurt Pitcher:

Blue Jays signed RHP Chad Green to a one-year, $2.25 million contract with a $27 million club option for 2024, 2025 and 2026.

Shi Davidi of Sportsnet reports that the deal also contains a $6.5 million player option for 2024, which Green can exercise if the Blue Jays decline his more lucrative three-year club option. If both options are declined, Toronto can exercise an additional $21 million club option for 2024 and 2025. The 31-year-old right-hander underwent Tommy John surgery last June and is expected to be sidelined until the very late stages of the 2023 season. He holds a sparkling 3.17 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 494/96 K/BB ratio across 383 2/3 innings (274 appearances) in the majors since 2016. He's a worthwhile low-risk gamble for the Blue Jays and should be able to bolster their high-leverage relief mix once he's completed his lengthy rehabilitation process.

That is a wild contract. I would think $270 billion would have the same chance of being exercised.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Still, you don't see $2M with $27M option every day. I am exaggerrating but I'd be shocked if they exercise it. 

Well, the $2 mm is because he won’t pitch the full season.  Look at it this way - if you ignored the injury, could Green have gotten a 3/$27 mm deal as a free agent reliever based on his track record?   I’d say probably yes.  So if he pitches like his old self when he returns, I’d say there’s a decent chance the option gets exercised.