What were they thinking?

Lefty0315

The funniest thing about ,value[KICK%20ME]&set=key[number],value[00]&set=key[displaysize],value[500]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/pG01-5461419_customback.chain]"]that patch is that it's Tradmarked. Like someone is going want to use it for their own purposes.

Something else occured to me when reading about this patch besides it being funny. It seems teams are catching on to the arm patch craze and we should see many if not all with them have it.

Now the Mets logo has brought up something interesting. I know that it has been talked about before (advertisements on uniforms) but I see that patch area being used for advertisements in the future. It's a pretty visible part of the batters body when the camera shots are right on him.

It kind of comes and goes. The Twins have been quite patch-happy this decade (sadly, four of them have been memorial patches). The Orioles missed a golden opportunity to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the 1966 WS winners three years ago. The Citi Field patch is as bad as it is because 1) Citi had a big hand in designing it, and 2) you can't yet put corporate names on MLB uniforms.

I'm hoping that sponsor patches never make it to MLB uniforms. The day they do is the day I stop being a jersey collector.

Archived