Spring Training TV & Radio Broadcasts

rm5678

22 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Glad to see it.   Four is a decent number.   Only thing I would like was to see a game the first weekend (which is next weekend!)

Looks like MASN is showing ACC basketball next Saturday.  

I know they replay the games at night but I’m surprised they didn’t pick any evening games as well.  

11 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I bet we see a press release today or tomorrow. When they start showing up on the team schedules you can bet on it.  

Mets released their schedule this morning. They are showing 3 games on local television. Also doing 28 regular season games  

Edited by Going Underground

6 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I bet we see a press release today or tomorrow. When they start showing up on the team schedules you can bet on it.  

The press release just came out. Dan Connolly thinks it might actually be only 3 televised games since he says the road game from Fort Myers on March 18th will probably be just a pick-up of the Red Sox feed.

Edited by rm5678

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The Nats. 

Never ever seen a spring game on MASN 2 before like the Orioles on March 18. 

And never seen a spring road game televised by the O's. If they only wanted to do 4 games, why couldn't they at least have picked a home game that wasn't already being broadcast by the opponent?

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I saw this 

I can't see the Orioles picking up the Red Sox feed. Probably means picking up the Red Sox direction and use an Oriole announcer from Sarasota. Sometimes the things they do seem like they are trying to stifle attendance to move but they won't be able to. I guess just everything is trying to make the biggest buck for now  for the boys and Mom  

18 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I can't see the Orioles picking up the Red Sox feed. Probably means picking up the Red Sox direction and use an Oriole announcer from Sarasota. Sometimes the things they do seem like they are trying to stifle attendance to move but they won't be able to. I guess just everything is trying to make the biggest buck for now  for the boys and Mom  

I think same. Use Sox cameras and call it from Sarasota. Heck if they are doing that, use more road feeds in spring. I think it’s a joke during regular season but it would not bother me as much in spring. 

March Madness starts in full Thursday March 16. That said I don’t get why they aren’t airing any 6pm home games. They have 6pm home games on Friday 3/10, Thur 3/16, Thur 3/23 and Friday 3/24. Would think one of those would be on air.