Spring Training TV & Radio Broadcasts

rm5678

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I think same. Use Sox cameras and call it from Sarasota. Heck if they are doing that, use more road feeds in spring. I think it’s a joke during regular season but it would not bother me as much in spring. 

March Madness starts in full Thursday March 16. That said I don’t get why they aren’t airing any 6pm home games. They have 6pm home games on Friday 3/10, Thur 3/16, Thur 3/23 and Friday 3/24. Would think one of those would be on air.  

MASN could show like 7 away games for the Nats and O's and just use the hosting team's feed and provide the fan's some game coverage at minimal expense.  How much does a couple of engineers and a game host cost?  I'm sure there are most expenses, but it would be minimal. 

6 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

MASN could show like 7 away games for the Nats and O's and just use the hosting team's feed and provide the fan's some game coverage at minimal expense.  How much does a couple of engineers and a game host cost?  I'm sure there are most expenses, but it would be minimal. 

Yeah. I mean if that is what they are doing for the Red Sox game. 

56 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The Red Sox game MASN is using Sox feed with Melanie Newman and Dave Johnson on the call from Camden Yards. 

Before 2020 they did 7 games for each team.  

When asked about the small number of games they gave the statement in the above tweet. 

The Nats are a "dynamic MLB club destined to lead their league throughout the regular season" ?????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The Nats are a "dynamic MLB club destined to lead their league throughout the regular season" ?????

You should show a little respect and not question this brilliant statement on National Almond Day.

Are the Orioles still in Covid protocol?

I think to save money all home and away regular season games should be broadcast from Camden Yards 

Did the Orioles give themselves an award for MASN telecasts? I thought the whole point of MASN was to broadcast baseball of two teams? 

17 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah. Even by PR standards what a silly statement. 

And, the whole statement is douchey.  “When the games matter.”   

I looked outside the AL East just to get a sample of what’s a typical ST TV schedule.   Looks like 8-12 games is pretty standard.  

Oh well, who needs to get excited about the upcoming season?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

And, the whole statement is douchey.  “When the games matter.”   

I looked outside the AL East just to get a sample of what’s a typical ST TV schedule.   Looks like 8-12 games is pretty standard.  

Oh well, who needs to get excited about the upcoming season?

Lowest I saw was 6,Rockies and  Braves and Reds with seven. Could not find the Oakland A's schedule but par for the course. A few years back they didn't even have a radio affiliate in the Bay area 

On 2/15/2023 at 12:10 PM, SteveA said:

Glad to see it.   Four is a decent number.   Only thing I would like was to see a game the first weekend (which is next weekend!)

Four is an embarrassing number. Tampa is broadcasting twice as many. Toronto three times as many. Boston five. The Dodgers broadcast all their games. Four sucks.

1 hour ago, deward said:

Four is an embarrassing number. Tampa is broadcasting twice as many. Toronto three times as many. Boston five. The Dodgers broadcast all their games. Four sucks.

Tampa’s situation is unique in that they’re playing their ST home games at the Trop.   

The Pirates are televising 3 of their home games against the O's this spring, so the following 11 O's games will be televised:

2/28 at Pirates

3/6 vs Philies

3/9 at Phillies

3/11 at Blue Jays (not showing up on MLB TV yet)

3/14 at Pirates

3/18 at Red Sox

3/20 at Phillies

3/21 vs Red Sox

3/22 at Blue Jays (not showing up on MLB TV yet)

3/25 at Pirates

3/27 vs Cardinals

According to my count, at least 16 other games will be on the radio, although the Blue Jays games aren't showing up yet on MLB TV.

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Great if you get Pirates TV, but who does?  Will MLB Network pick them up?

If I recall correctly, they don’t black out spring training games on MLB.TV. I’m not suggesting that anyone purchase it to watch spring games, but I get a free subscription with my season ticket package and recall using it to watch away games in previous years. I seem to recall you either having season tickets or being a part of a group that has them, so I thought I’d share.