Debating if MLB.tv package is worth it. Does it have old Oriole archive games? How many? Does it work on your Tv or just computers?

Gurgi

I am not TV or computer savy.  I have been looking over the MLB.tv website and cant figure out if it is worth it to me.  I live in MD and will get most Oriole games on MASN on the TV.   But I am very interested in our minor league games also.  And I do occasionally want to watch certain teams and players like Otani and Trout.  

Is the package worth it?   What do you get with it?  I would be very interested in watching some older Oriole games that might be in some archive.  Do they have anything like that?   Would really enjoy if I could see the Tippy Martinez three tipped off guys in one inning since I was at the game myself.  Or like the game Eddie Murray stole home to win a game since I was there.   

How many old games do they have available to watch?

I've had MLB.tv since it came out probably a decade ago and absolutely love it.  It seems to have more value to people that live outside of your favorite team's region (I live in Texas).  If you live in Maryland you are going to have lots of blackouts, but you can watch replays of the game something like 90 or 120 minutes after the game ends.

As far as watching replays of historic games, it is really lacking.  When you dig into the archives, you can find highlights and summary videos of some things, but no full games.  Pretty much just full games of the current season can be replayed.  This is an area that they can improve a ton.

Apparently this is the first year where minor league games are included in the subscription, in previous years it was a separate subscrition ($25????).  Last year I bought the minor league package solely to watch Grayson Rodriguez in his final starts in Norfolk but then he got injured.

Other folks can give you more insight when it comes to living in Maryland.  But you can also likely get around the blackouts with a good VPN.  Living here in Texas MLB.tv is worth every penny.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, yark14 said:

I've had MLB.tv since it came out probably a decade ago and absolutely love it.  It seems to have more value to people that live outside of your favorite team's region (I live in Texas).  If you live in Maryland you are going to have lots of blackouts, but you can watch replays of the game something like 90 or 120 minutes after the game ends.

As far as watching replays of historic games, it is really lacking.  When you dig into the archives, you can find highlights and summary videos of some things, but no full games.  Pretty much just full games of the current season can be replayed.  This is an area that they can improve a ton.

Apparently this is the first year where minor league games are included in the subscription, in previous years it was a separate subscrition ($25????).  Last year I bought the minor league package solely to watch Grayson Rodriguez in his final starts in Norfolk but then he got injured.

Other folks can give you more insight when it comes to living in Maryland.  But you can also likely get around the blackouts with a good VPN.  Living here in Texas MLB.tv is worth every penny.

I have had it forever as well, living outside the market. For some reason, they think Idaho is in Seattle and Denver markets so those are blacked out. I’ve tried watching them with a VPN to no avail. 
Great news that the minor league games are now included. 

SteveA bought a flex pack and said he got MLB.TV for free. I know with any 13 or 29 game plan you can get MLB.TV for free. 

If you go to any games it may make more sense to buy an Orioles plan and get MLB.TV for free. Keep in mind you can exchange games in a 13 game plan. 

I've had it every year it's existed. I am also out of market for the O's. I love it. Some of the best money I've ever spent.

When you watch in a browser on a PC, you can watch 1 game, 2 games or 4 games at once. I always have 4 games going. I watch the O's games, but I like watching players more. I also like good announcers. Some people are made to call baseball games. I watched a lot of Phillies last year because I like the announcers.

• Upvote 3

I live over 500 miles away from Camden Yards but Angelos and MLB have had blackout rights over this region for decades.

MLB. TV is pretty useless for Os games if you live in regions controlled by Angelos/MLB.   It is very good for other 
games for sure.

I have a home in SC and travel, so it is really if you are out of the region. 

• Upvote 1

For the most part I love MLBTV. Especially with the no spoiler function. I can turn on a game and speed through it until I get to real time. 

The only thing I hate (being up here in CT) is that I get blacked out of games against the Yankees, Red Sox and Mets. VPNs haven't been able to really defeat the blackout, though Norton 360 seems to work well for my laptop 

Last year I bought MLB Extra Innings with my Direct TV subscription for first time in years. Glad I did. Will do so again this year. Only blacked out during Red Sox games but have SOX network on TV subscription anyway. Really like watching on my laptop. Also like the feature where morning after, if you don't make it through the whole game, you can see a variety of reruns depending on how much time you want to take. Read about the game on OH and watch the highlights on MLB Extra! Love this modern world.