Jackson Holliday 2023

Sports Guy

18 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I know it's still pretty early but I can't wait till he gets moved up to Aberdeen.  I want to see how he does at the level where it seems like everyone "struggles".  

He has no business being in Delmarva and never should have been there to begin with.

56 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This could go in 3 threads but since he is on top in the org, I’m putting it here:

I assume "Hit Strength" the same measure as HH%?  I know it's SSS still, but the Soft% is amazing for the majority of these guys! 

O's have a couple of "old guys" on the list too!  And 3 total players ties us with TB.

As great as he's doing I think we might be going a little overboard on him.   He looks solid and the plate and in the field and runs really well.    He's beyond his years when it comes to plate discipline.    I see a really solid, fundamentally sound player.    I know hitters grow into power and there's plenty of time for that.    However, when I watch him I see him able to drive the ball to LCF and LF and pull balls mostly on the ground and some liners.    I have not seen him hit one gapper to RF and, of course, no home runs yet.    I'm not sure what his offensive ceiling is but I think it's lower than Gunnar's.

5 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

I assume "Hit Strength" the same measure as HH%?  I know it's SSS still, but the Soft% is amazing for the majority of these guys! 

O's have a couple of "old guys" on the list too!  And 3 total players ties us with TB.

It’s very easy to tell what type of hitters the org is valuing.  They have a definite pattern and it’s a really good one.

I agree style wise he might be an Aberdeen thriver like Hernaiz.     Aberdeen I suppose is now kind of a Walltimore proxy as guys advance.

This year is just a science experiment to discover what league's average pitcher it takes to get him out regularly enough.  The longer that doesn't happen, the better it is for us.

One thing I believe on a gut level is the Rays should have used Wander Franco in the 2020 postseason.     Humans like Wander Franco and Juan Soto exist - they can even be heartland kids sometimes.    At 1-1 you hope there aren't any constraints on how good your guy may be.

24 minutes ago, sevastras said:

He is done at Delmarva, isn’t he?  The only reason to send him to Aberdeen is a nod to Cal and the organization but that stadium is terrible for hitters. But yeah, Delmarva is batting practice at this point. 

I think he should absolutely go to Aberdeen. 

12 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I’m at the game tonight in Fredericksburg. He’s a lot smaller in person than I thought.  Playing 2B tonight.

Still time to rally now that Jarlin Susana's done.     I see on base thrice and a SB with another PA to come against some low-A reliever.

11 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I’m at the game tonight in Fredericksburg. He’s a lot smaller in person than I thought.  Playing 2B tonight.

In most photos next to other players, he looks nothing like his listed 6’1 height. He’s probably 5’10-5’11 max. I do wonder why players exaggerate their size.

• Upvote 1