Jackson Holliday 2023

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Fangraphs O's rankings show Holliday with a 60 hit tool, that has to be off at this point. He's playing more like 70-75 to me. It is the lower levels and everything. Still, what he is doing is not something that a 60 hit tool would do. More like 80.

They don't adjust that stuff every day.

Also, what difference does it really make?

Jesus Montero had what, a 70 hit tool?  How'd he end up?

Just enjoy the season he's having.

• Upvote 2

Some of the fun with Holliday is because of the small sample size.   There's no other track record in pro games.

It seems like he's on a heater, but what if these results are his mid-case?    I can't say that it's not.     

Ramon Urias batting right after him is 0-for-2 (with two walks).

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Some of the fun with Holliday is because of the small sample size.   There's no other track record in pro games.

It seems like he's on a heater, but what if these results are his mid-case?    I can't say that it's not.     

Ramon Urias batting right after him is 0-for-2 (with two walks).

He’s already rehabbing?  Hadn’t read that.  Good to see.

Comparing Aberdeen stats:

21 year old Rutschman:

20 games -- .325 / .413 / .481 / .894

20 year old Henderson: 

65 games -- .230 / .343 / .432 / .775

22 year old Westburg:

62 games -- .286 / .389 / .469 / .858

23 year old Kjerstad:

43 games -- .233 / .312 / .362 / .674

19 year old Holliday:

23 games -- .410 / .520 / .723 / 1.243

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Comparing Aberdeen stats:

21 year old Rutschman:

20 games -- .325 / .413 / .481 / .894

20 year old Henderson: 

65 games -- .230 / .343 / .432 / .775

22 year old Westburg:

62 games -- .286 / .389 / .469 / .858

23 year old Kjerstad:

43 games -- .233 / .312 / .362 / .674

19 year old Holliday:

23 games -- .410 / .520 / .723 / 1.243

One looks noticeably different than the others. For those arguing that he’s simply on a heater, how long would you say that heaters tend to last on average?

Just now, Bemorewins said:

One looks noticeably different than the others. For those arguing that he’s simply on a heater, how long would you say that heaters tend to last on average?

NO ONE is arguing that he is simply on a heater.

Some of us think he's super good and on a heater.

Zero folks here are denying that he has the look of a very special player.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Holliday has been on base every game this year, plus his last 5 games last year, for a 43-game on base streak dating back to last year.  

Time to take off his arm floaties and throw him into the big end of the pool.  If he turns into Micheal Phelps we have a winner.  

I hope he becomes a superstar, sincerely. That said, I was looking at his numbers and his BAPIP is out of control. Maybe he is one of those guys who can maintain a higher than normal BAPIP. There are certain players who can do that consistently. Also, his K rate of 16.2% is very impressive for a 19 year old. That said, I dont know if its reasonable to expect anybody to hit over .400 with a k rate that high. Seems like there is a little bit of batted ball luck here too. Anybody who is hitting over .400 for 24 games is usually due for some BABIP regression.

1 minute ago, Mr-splash said:

I hope he becomes a superstar, sincerely. That said, I was looking at his numbers and his BAPIP is out of control. Maybe he is one of those guys who can maintain a higher than normal BAPIP. There are certain players who can do that consistently. Also, his K rate of 16.2% is very impressive for a 19 year old. That said, I dont know if its reasonable to expect anybody to hit over .400 with a k rate that high. Seems like there is a little bit of batted ball luck here too. Anybody who is hitting over .400 for 24 games is usually due for some BABIP regression.

1) that’s not a high K rate at all

2) No, he’s not going to hit 400 every year.  That’s some crack analysis there!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

So he's no Frazier?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

So he's no Frazier?

No hes not. He should have better contact quality than Frazier. But that's not the point. I had raised the point substantiated with statistics that there may be some good luck involved here in those 24 games. 

13 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

What is regression from .400? .350? .330? .320? 

That would still be in the absolutely amazing better than everyone else territory.