2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

2 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Mountcastle against a RHP batting 5th is just dumb

Frazier should be at DH, Urias at 3B and Westburg at 2B

Nice that Hyde is comfortable enough with how the season is going that he doesn't think he has to put his best team on the field.

Fair points.  Now watch Mountcastle and Frazier both go deep and Frazier making all of his defensive chances tonight.   Don’t fight it.  Lol

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Nice that Hyde is comfortable enough with how the season is going that he doesn't think he has to put his best team on the field.

What a clown statement. He’s resting our backup infielder. Oh the humanity. 

55 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Mountcastle was 2 for 3 vs him in the first matchup, and there is a decent chance we see LH reliever tonight.

My opinion, but I think Mountcastle is a better defender at 1st base than O'Hearn is, even if only because the other infielders have 2 seasons of familiarity with him. Mountcastle is a little more agile there with some sneaky quickness.

Under this lineup I would have stuck Mounty at 1B and Ohearn at DH. 

I also agree that our defense would be stronger if Urias was playing 3B and Westburg 2B, but I guess it's all about the handedness of the Rays pitcher.

Right-handed hitters against Eflin this season, at his home field, are hitting 100 points higher than left-handed hitters are hitting against him. The lineup is a little odd to not be more righty heavy given those numbers. 

At Home for Eflin this year:

RH:     .255/.274/.409 with a .294 wOBA

LH:     .155/.183/.250 with a .190 wOBA

I'd have gone with Hicks over O'Hearn and Urias over Frazier but maybe they want to give the two of them a break heading into the weekend. Frazier is also 0-5 career against Eflin, so, SSS but I don't see the logic unless Hyde is playing a potential match-up later in the game. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Seems like a fluky thing for this year; last year lefties had an .801 OPS against him vs .572 for righties, and for his career lefties have an .810 OPS vs .707 for righties.

19 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Right-handed hitters against Eflin this season, at his home field, are hitting 100 points higher than left-handed hitters are hitting against him. The lineup is a little odd to not be more righty heavy given those numbers. 

I'd have gone with Hicks over O'Hearn and Urias over Frazier but maybe they want to give the two of them a break heading into the weekend. Frazier is also 0-5 career against Eflin, so, SSS but I don't see the logic unless Hyde is playing a potential match-up later in the game. 

I don’t care about the splits. Mounty and his one pitch at bats are insufferable. 

• Upvote 1