2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

13 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

I despise Hyde for how he's handled Westburg and Cowser. And Ortiz when he was up. And Stowers last year.

Favoring a washed up vet over a more talented player who's also part of the team's future is terrible management.

I also don't care for leaving better,  more talented players on the bench game after game so a vet can play.   Should be used to it by now but it still irks me.   I really hope next year we don't sign another Odor/Frazier type.  Either sign a real good player or let the kids play.   We've enough talent now that we don't need these stop-gap types.

Can we change the thread title to "2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread Along With Ridiculous Overreactions?"

I didn't even see yesterday's comments until today, but when McCann and Mateo had key hits yesterday, I wondered if they had been negatively mentioned in this thread.  Check.

And Frazier wasn't even in the lineup, and he was mentioned negatively as well yesterday for ever being in the lineup....oh, and he got a key hit and scored the winning run.  Check.

Mountcastle?   He started the rally in the 4th if I recall correctly.  Check.

If we just call out every player in the lineup as a "stupid decision" each day (reverse jinx all of them), we might just go 162-0 one year.

Cowser needs our help here.....let's call him out each time he's penciled in.  Maybe Westburg, too.  They need our help guys.  Frazier doesn't...think about it.

And a huge KUDOS to @DirtyBird for getting Gunnar Henderson on track!!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

I despise Hyde for how he's handled Westburg and Cowser. And Ortiz when he was up. And Stowers last year.

Favoring a washed up vet over a more talented player who's also part of the team's future is terrible management.

Do you despise Elias too?  Elias and the O's analytics have a lot to do with who is in the lineup.

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Do you despise Elias too?  Elias and the O's analytics have a lot to do with who is in the lineup.

Bingo!!!  I have to agree with you here. 

We can't argue with the results, whether it's who Elias puts on the roster or who Hyde pencils in the lineup.  Second best record in all of baseball  even with the alleged mismanagement of our younger players., and yet some still "despise" the manager despite the results.  It doesn't have to be this emotional folks....enjoy the freakin' ride while we're actually winning.

Now, if we were losing and had nothing more to lose, then yes, pencil the new guys in every night so we can see them play.   For now, I have to say it doesn't look "broke" to me, and to be realistic, Urias and Frazier, and even Mateo - like it or not - are helping us win ballgames.

9 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Anyone know Frazier's numbers since Westburg was called up? He seems to have turned it on. Maybe it's feeling pressure, maybe it's just only playing against better matchups.

Maybe it’s Maybelline. Or maybe it a small sample size.