2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

One thing I respect about the way Hyde does his lineups is he doesn't allow any jealousy to take shape among the players. It would be easy for a guy like Mountcastle or a guy like Frazier to assume O'Hearn or one of the young guys are there to take his job and have some negative feelings about that. But Hyde & Sigbot finds ways to play them together in the same lineup and it allows for team buidling / chemistry to happen.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hays 7th where he belongs.

I'm not exactly a fan of Mountcastle getting the start against a RHP given his platoon splits this year, but with Hicks and Mullins out maybe it's worth a shot after Mountcastle's home run last night.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I didn't see another thread for it, but wr just placed Hicks in the IL and recalled Ryan McKenna.

Has Stowers fallen that far out of favor? I get it, McKenna is seen as the better defender, but is Stowers looking forward to another team or what?

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm not exactly a fan of Mountcastle getting the start against a RHP given his platoon splits this year, but with Hicks and Mullins out maybe it's worth a shot after Mountcastle's home run last night.

I’m with you but I’ve griped enough about Mountcastle. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Has Stowers fallen that far out of favor? I get it, McKenna is seen as the better defender, but is Stowers looking forward to another team or what?

In this situation, we need a Centerfielder and Stowers is a corner outfielder. It appears as though they are very resistant to letting Hays play Centerfield in while the 2 on top of the CF depth chart are on IL.

As for Stowers' place in the organization, your guess is as good as mine. It's like Stowers, Vavra, and Hall have all disappeared from the map of Birdland.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’m with you but I’ve griped enough about Mountcastle. 

We just have to keep in mind that he couldn't hit AAA pitching.....  🙄   (joking, of course)

The O's lineup is like having 9 lottery tickets, and wondering which ones will hit tonight, because someone steps up most of the time, normally those who we question why they're even in the lineup.  

So, Mountcastle, Frazier, Cowser and Westburg?  Really !?!?

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What does age have to do with it?   Plenty of older players go on tears.  

Most people seem to have written him off. The baseball peak age still hasn't happened yet. I'm sure you knew that. I forgot that wording has to be exact sometimes...I still believe he carves out a decent enough ML career.