2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

Once we get Mullins back and hopefully move someone into SS that can be a productive hitter I think the lineup can be ok/good. My preference would be to move Gunnar to SS given the options, and have Urias man 3B. Hopefully they platoon Mountcastle with O’Hearn.

21 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is Mateo still in the starting line up.  Brandon Hyde, meet Joey Ortiz, he is on your roster, please play him.

THis doesnt bother me as much as constantly batting our guy that is hitting .327 in the 5 hole... put him up top then drop the whole order one spot. I would love to see adley hitting 3rd with some runners on in front of him

1 minute ago, MijiT88 said:

THis doesnt bother me as much as constantly batting our guy that is hitting .327 in the 5 hole... put him up top then drop the whole order one spot. I would love to see adley hitting 3rd with some runners on in front of him

I agree. Hays should be batting #2 or #3.

On another thought, it would seem to me that the team's long term thinking is for Gunnar to be the Franchise 3rd basemen. At least that's the feeling I'm getting by them having him bump Urias all the way over to 1B, which is not Ramon's natural position.

Wasn't exactly sure where to put this question but this feels reasonable- 

I am currently planning this weekend to drive 7 hours to Camden yards for the Mariners series but from the online looks I am scared of the weather for rainouts. Not familiar with east coast weather tendencies, does anyone have insights on if they think the games would be played?

Is it possible they would all be cancelled for weather, or do they try to stack a double header sunday?

Any general info on this would be a great help, I really want to see a game there. Thanks

5 minutes ago, purplepittabread88 said:

Wasn't exactly sure where to put this question but this feels reasonable- 

I am currently planning this weekend to drive 7 hours to Camden yards for the Mariners series but from the online looks I am scared of the weather for rainouts. Not familiar with east coast weather tendencies, does anyone have insights on if they think the games would be played?

Is it possible they would all be cancelled for weather, or do they try to stack a double header sunday?

Any general info on this would be a great help, I really want to see a game there. Thanks

Based on a cursory look at the forecast, the only day that seems really dodgy is Friday. Scattered thunderstorms don't usually lead to rainouts. I can't recall the last time the O's had two rainouts in a row, although I'm sure it happens now and then.

• Upvote 1