2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

7 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Happy to see him up, but this revolving door infield of guys alternating between SS, 3B and 2B has been hard to predict who is playing where on any given night. I wonder if it affects the players or messes with their heads, not knowing what infield position they'll play. I admire their flexibility and it's a good problem to have, I supposed, those kinds of options. 

The good thing with Gunnar, Westburg, and Ortiz, is that they rotated in the minors like this.  Especially Gunnar and Westburg, since they often played on the same team.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Gunnar is our best hitter, needs to play every day. Need to get rid of either Mateo or Frazier, like yesterday

Gunnar is not our best hitter vs LHP. He has a .516 OPS vs LHP for his young career. Yes, he should get some opportunities to hit LHP but he does not deserve to be an everyday starter yet. Even vs RHP I'm not sure I'd say Gunnar is our best hitter. 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Then I'll get to see him bat three times against the bullpen.

So you'll root root root for the away team, if they don't win it's a shame!

I get that literally everything you say has to be contradictory lest we forget how hipster cool and different you are from the rest of us, mouth breathers. It's 2023 and we're an inclusive community, so it's all good.

14 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Gunnar is not our best hitter vs LHP. He has a .516 OPS vs LHP for his young career. Yes, he should get some opportunities to hit LHP but he does not deserve to be an everyday starter yet. Even vs RHP I'm not sure I'd say Gunnar is our best hitter. 

He had a slow start, over last 30 games .932 OPS, Not sure what his LH splits have been but I'm sure they have improved. No way that Hicks, Mateo, and McKenna should be in a starting lineup and Gunnar Henderson benched. Royals never bench Bobby Witt Jr and he is starting to hit. More XBH than Adley by a wide margin.