2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

That is really a nice lineup.  I'm fine w/ Frazier batting ninth against RH pitching.  Urias is fine but not like he's a top top priority, so bumping him and Mateo is not a big deal for me at all.  The L-R-L balance there is awesome (obviously helped by having three switch hitters). 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, HandsomeQuack said:

Full lineup:

Cedric Mullins CF
Adley Rutschman C
Anthony Santander RF
Ryan O’Hearn 1B
Austin Hays LF
Gunnar Henderson SS
Aaron Hicks DH
Jordan Westburg 3B
Adam Frazier 2B

Maybe the best lineup of the year? I'd play Urias over Frazier of course, but other than that... 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Maybe the best lineup of the year? I'd play Urias over Frazier of course, but other than that... 

I think we all would. I mean Urias is objectively better than Frazier at second defensively (by DRS, OAA, and UZR) and has been above league average offensively for the past 4 years by wRC+ and OPS+, but he doesn’t make $8 million, so here we are.

3 hours ago, HandsomeQuack said:

If a one-game playoff vs a RHP were taking place today, I would rather see Urias at 3B and Gunnar at 2B. But Frazier getting some work vs RHP is fine, and Urias can come in later for defense/LH reliever.

Gunnar hasn’t played 3B all year. That’s not how they are using him. If Gunnar plays 2B and Mateo is not in the lineup who is going to man SS? Westburg? If that’s the case, why would you use your third best player at a position in a do-or-die scenario?

3 hours ago, Sydnor said:

I think we all would. I mean Urias is objectively better than Frazier at second defensively (by DRS, OAA, and UZR) and has been above league average offensively for the past 4 years by wRC+ and OPS+, but he doesn’t make $8 million, so here we are.

I think Hyde has done a pretty admirable job of juggling his infielders and keeping all of Frazier, Urias, Mateo and Henderson involved.   Urias spent 15 games on the IL; otherwise, he’s played in 55 of the 62 games in which he’s been available.   

23 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Gunnar hasn’t played 3B all year. That’s not how they are using him. If Gunnar plays 2B and Mateo is not in the lineup who is going to man SS? Westburg? If that’s the case, why would you use your third best player at a position in a do-or-die scenario?

I meant Westburg at 2B, realized it too late :(