2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

Yeah.. well, I will now speculate on whether or not the front office is serious about contending this year.

Frazier in RF (I just made several posts in another thread about his positional flexibility being of value to the O’s, Hyde and Elias specifically) but to put him out there with Ant DHing is a bit of a head scratcher for me. Unless Ant is nursing something I see no reason to play Frazier in right only to DH Ant. That makes little sense to me, especially since Ryan McKenna is still alive and on their 26 man roster. 

If Hays is going to miss games this close to the break, let him rest through the next seven games so that if he gets into the All-Star game that he is rested enough to not risk further issues with his hip. We all know he’s made of glass but is deserving of playing in the game in Seattle but why risk his health these next seven games and put the team in a tough spot by having to play an IF in the OF? The right answer is either play McKenna or bring up Cowser. 

Is JW hurt or is he injured? If he’s going to miss time then bring up Joey. As much as it pains me to write this I would rather have Frazier in the lineup than Jorge. 

I realize that I was just defending Frazier’s ability to man the OF in a pinch but I am not sure that I follow the logic here with the lineup. I’m speculating that something must be afoot with McKenna. If Hays is out and Ant is unavailable to play defense today the most sensible alignment is McKenna in RF so either they are punting this game (and series?) or there’s a move coming. 

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

Not feeling good about 4 through 9 against German, who is coming off a perfect game. Wells needs to be on tonight. 

German had done very poorly before the perfect game.

I expect he's going to struggle tonight.

I think he's out of the game by the fourth.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Ambitious prediction. I hope we hit him around but not counting on it. 

8 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I don’t really get what Mullins did to deserve being bumped from the lead off spot. Don’t hate Henderson up there or anything it just seems odd. 

I agree. Without even debating the player personell decisions, that batting order would be better if Gunnar was in the cleanup spot and Cedric was leadoff. Then O'Hearn could bat #6. 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Interesting. I never see specific predictions from you. I don’t disagree that it’s a likely outcome, but I would never insult the baseball gods by saying it’s coming. 

6 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Not feeling good about 4 through 9 against German, who is coming off a perfect game. Wells needs to be on tonight. 

Germans ERA is over 9 for the last three games, and that INCLUDES a perfect game. Who knows what we’re going to see but he’s not someone to fear. 

Just now, waroriole said:

Interesting. I never see specific predictions from you. I don’t disagree that it’s a likely outcome, but I would never insult the baseball gods by saying it’s coming. 

I'm an atheist so I'm OK with it.

Also a skeptic so I don't believe in jinxs either.

I admit I don't often predict but something like this is pretty low risk.  😛

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I agree. Without even debating the player personell decisions, that batting order would be better if Gunnar was in the cleanup spot and Cedric was leadoff. Then O'Hearn could bat #6. 

I imagine it’s mostly Hyde shaking things up just because of the recent struggles, which I do get.  End of the day not a big deal at all but I wouldn’t do it.