2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Rutschman getting a rest tonight not even in the DH spot.

Yeah,  w AR I figured it was his usual once a week off day. That said very puzzling lineup to send out there vs Ober esp w Hays and Hicks still out.

Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

McCann / Mateo in the 8-9 spots vs a tough righty, yikes.

But, the top half of the lineup is stacked.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't just play Henderson at SS, Westburg at 3B, and Frazier at 2B here. Commit to Mateo as a bench guy vs RHP. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm not sure why they wouldn't just play Henderson at SS, Westburg at 3B, and Frazier at 2B here. Commit to Mateo as a bench guy vs RHP. 

Hyde is really poor when it comes to writing out lineups. He just gets away with it a lot because he has a talented roster.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Natty said:

Urias at 1B? 

After he made that error at 1B last night, it would make more sense to have O'Hearn play 1B and tyen take your pick between Urias, Westburg, or Henderson at DH. Or better yet, don't play Mateo in the same lineup that already has James McCann for a guaranteed out. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

Obligatory post complaining about benching the hot Westburg in favor of Frazier/Urias.

Probably a scheduled day off. But sitting Mullins too vs a RHP? Guess these are good problems to have? 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

Obligatory post complaining about benching the hot Westburg in favor of Frazier/Urias.

Yeah.. just not sure about continuing to the give the ABs to these older guys. Their loyalty to the older guys is gonna bite them at some point. Perhaps they're showcasing them prior to the break?

Maybe Mullins with the scheduled day off is a late inning PH option or insurance in case Haysie’s hip flares up on him? Not sure about this one unless this is a punt game. 

JW should be playing in everyday as should Gunnar and CC. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Probably a scheduled day off. But sitting Mullins too vs a RHP? Guess these are good problems to have? 🤷‍♂️

I know, right. The guy just won the game for the team last night with his elite Centerfield play and his ability to manufacture a run, and then he's benched the next day? I don't get it.

• Upvote 1