Rutschman C

Santander DH

O'Hearn 1B

Hays Lf

Mullins CF

Hicks RF

Fraizer 2b

Westburg 3b.

No Cowser against a right handed pitcher so maybe he is going back down when they bring the pitcher up.  Might not be today but we will see.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, accinfo said:

No Cowser against a right handed pitcher so maybe he is going back down when they bring the pitcher up.  Might not be today but we will see.

I don't think one night's lineup is any indication of this, and coming off 4 days break and 5 games of lightly used pen, there is no reason to add another pitcher to the roster at this point.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

We are in the middle of a pennant race, facing the team with the 2nd best record in the NL and we are starting 3 productive veteran OF's.

What is puzzling?

Cowser is part of the long term lineup here and Hicks is an injury replacement who has performed relatively well in a SSS?

It's definitely not the end of times... but given Hicks left Sunday's game with "achilles pain" one would think an extra day off would go to him instead of Cowser.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Cowser is part of the long term lineup here and Hicks is an injury replacement who has performed relatively well in a SSS?

It's definitely not the end of times... but given Hicks left Sunday's game with "achilles pain" one would think an extra day off would go to him instead of Cowser.

And we are facing lefties Saturday and Sunday.   Seems like the one game in the series against a righty wouldn't be the appropriate day to sit a LH bat.   Surprised not to see him in there.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Line up is 

Henderson ss

Rutschman C

Santander DH

O'Hearn 1B

Hays Lf

Mullins CF

Hicks RF

Fraizer 2b

Westburg 3b.

Mountcastle also not in the lineup.  Maybe they are carpooling to Norfolk.....  just kidding....

7 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Sending Cowser down would be completely unacceptable. That is not putting out your best roster and trying to win

I'm anticipating them sending him down. I'm trying to get my head wrapped around it now so I don't overreact when it happens.

• Upvote 1

Hicks is 1-2 against Alcantara. Frazier is 5/12. Perhaps there is more pitch data that supports why they are in the lineup. I would like to see Cowser out there but against a tough Alcantara, I can see why he's not starting tonight. It doesn't mean that I agree with it. 

• Upvote 1