Colton Cowser 2023

DirtyBird

19 hours ago, SpOkane said:

Sorry y'all are going through that. We've experienced enough smoky skies out here the last few years to last a lifetime or two. Hope winds clear the skies and rains end the fires soon.

Thanks. They say a small chance of rain over night, but more likely some rain on Monday to clear things out a little bit.

Was just pinch hit for late in the game. Really hope not for injury. And even the "easing him back in" theory doesnt really stand up. Been back for almost a week, would think he would have clearance to play a whole game especially since it was the 8th inning.. saving him for one inning????

1 hour ago, terpoh said:

Royals are throwing a lefty tomorrow. We know the rules. Cowser will definitely not be getting called up tomorrow. Hopefully Saturday. 

He isn’t been playing full games yet.  I doubt we see him for at least another series or two.  I think Monday at very earliest.  

10 hours ago, terpoh said:

Was just pinch hit for late in the game. Really hope not for injury. And even the "easing him back in" theory doesnt really stand up. Been back for almost a week, would think he would have clearance to play a whole game especially since it was the 8th inning.. saving him for one inning????

Throw in the hole 'sky is falling' and who knows what the deal is...  It's been an odd few days.

He had a few really good ABs last night.  Worked some counts, fouling off good pitches in pitcher counts (one facing a LHP).  

49 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

He needs to get a rehab stint in then call up in a week or two after super 2. 

1.  I don’t believe the O’s are playing Super 2 gsmes.  

2.  Even if they were, it’s probably safe to bring  Cowser or Westburg up now.  The Super-2 cutoff (which is impossible to predict with precision) has never been less than 2 years, 115 days.  As of today, there are only 113 days left in the season.  

Prospect One had Geoff Pontes on from BA and Cowser was a topic of conversation.  Among the topics was chatter about Cowser's elite chase rate, ability to play all 3 OF positions, question if he's undervalued, and speculation on a buyer-to-buyer type trade (of Santander/Westburg for an SP).

9 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Prospect One had Geoff Pontes on from BA and Cowser was a topic of conversation.  Among the topics was chatter about Cowser's elite chase rate, ability to play all 3 OF positions, question if he's undervalued, and speculation on a buyer-to-buyer type trade (of Santander/Westburg for an SP).

The more ABs I see the more I like him.  He can swing it and brings a lot of tools/skills to the table.  He’s playing with a lot of confidence right now.  He’s fun to watch.