Grayson Rodriguez 2023

Just Regular

The service clock issue makes me curious about why they called him up now when they could have waited until April 14th I believe. I guess if he has a bad start it will be an easy call...back to Norfolk. If he looks good, then I guess he stays.

34 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This is the second “hype” video the Os have put out. That’s a lot for someone they plan on sending right back down. Makes me wonder if that isn’t the plan.

It also makes me wonder if it’s not the plan, if the send him down thought was more of a wake up call for an attitude adjustment Vs performance?

The wake up call makes sense when looked at with Elias’ comments after he was sent down. Gotta wonder if Grayson came to spring training fully prepared. 

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

ADLEY IS CATCHING GRAYSON OMGGGGGGG BFFS FOREVER 

Given that Adley is starting a day game after a night game, it is certainly noteworthy. I doubt he would have started today if it was anyone but Grayson on the hill.

Adley is certainly excited about it.

Edited by MurphDogg
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Given that Adley is starting a day game after a night game, it is certainly noteworthy. I doubt he would have started today if it was anyone but Grayson on the hill.

Adley is certainly excited about it.

I’d have sat Adley for a day game after catching a night game, but this is hitting all the feels right now and that’s more important. 

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’d have sat Adley for a day game after catching a night game, but this is hitting all the feels right now and that’s more important. 

He has a day off either tomorrow or Friday and will not catch on Sunday. If it was the dog days of summer I would agree but it is still early. Can't catch 130+ games if you never catch a day game after a night game.

• Upvote 1

Four innings in to a somewhat  mediocre Grayson Rodriguez start and you can't convince me that he isn't a better option than at least three current members of our starting rotation. There is absolutely no reason he should be sent back down once Bradish comes off the IL. Not if this is a team that is legtimately done tanking / playing for draft picks.