Dean Kremer 2023

Just Regular

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d vote for that one over the Kremer trade. 

I think so too. I'm happy with Kremer as the effective return for Manny. But when you trade a Manny Machado level guy, you kind of expect to get something useful back. If you totally whiff, it's a flop. 

Trading Dylan Bundy level guys is more of a crapshoot, so the Bradish return is more value above expected. 

6 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I think so too. I'm happy with Kremer as the effective return for Manny. But when you trade a Manny Machado level guy, you kind of expect to get something useful back. If you totally whiff, it's a flop. 

Trading Dylan Bundy level guys is more of a crapshoot, so the Bradish return is more value above expected. 

We also still have two other pitchers in our system from the Bundy trade, Zach Peek and Kyle Brnovich.  Both had TJ surgery last year and only recently returned to action, so we won’t really know until next year whether either of them can get on a path to the majors.  @Tony-OHwasn’t particularly high on either one prior to their injuries, but I wouldn’t say they’d played their way out of prospect status, either.   Brnovich had made his way to Norfolk at age 24 in only his second season of pro ball, while Peek was putting up solid numbers at Bowie, also at 24.  Due to their injuries, they’re behind schedule now, but I wouldn’t write off either one just yet.  

On 8/24/2023 at 5:07 PM, Sanity Check said:

And yet just a few days ago, someone in another thread suggested keeping Kremer off the playoff roster.  I guess we all have our favorites.

That was one of the worst takes I've seen on OH. Its like he hasn't been watching the same pitcher.