Dean Kremer 2023

Just Regular

6 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Very weak describes almost the entire pitching staff

Irvin gets a chance to redeem himself tomorrow.   No excuses.

Gibson is the only one who resembles a ML pitcher so far.

Edited by RZNJ

It seems that the catcher impacts out pitchers performance more than we realized. We are spoiled by having Adley Rutschman for a catcher, and when he doesn't catch, we get the type of pitching results that we seen today. Far too many juicy meat balls down the middle of the plate.

We also have to make a concentrated effort to correct our defensive mental mistakes. I'm tired of the Orioles always ignoring the lead runner and where that lead runner wants to go.

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

It seems that the catcher impacts out pitchers performance more than we realized. We are spoiled by having Adley Rutschman for a catcher, and when he doesn't catch, we get the type of pitching results that we seen today. Far too many juicy meat balls down the middle of the plate.

We also have to make a concentrated effort to correct our defensive mental mistakes. I'm tired of the Orioles always ignoring the lead runner and where that lead runner wants to go.

We have had 2 well pitched games out of 12 and Bemboom caught 1 and Rutschman caught 1 and we had 1 other pitching performance that was okay against the Yankees that we lost 1 to 4 that Rutschman caught 

13 minutes ago, PsychoBird68 said:

We have had 2 well pitched games out of 12 and Bemboom caught 1 and Rutschman caught 1 and we had 1 other pitching performance that was okay against the Yankees that we lost 1 to 4 that Rutschman caught 

Yes, I will give Bemboom credit. I'm not sure why he wasn't chosen to work with Wells for Wells's start after the pair had such a successful outing in Texas together. If they are going to keep 3 catchers right now, at least play Bemboom.

Edited by Billy F-Face3
  • Like 1

You do have to wonder what the WBC effect is with him. Did he not get in his proper throwing, preparation, etc…

OTOH, 2022 was his only good year and maybe he just turned back into a pumpkin. This was always a concern with many players on the team, which is why the way they handled this offseason was so discouraging.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You do have to wonder what the WBC effect is with him. Did he not get in his proper throwing, preparation, etc…

OTOH, 2022 was his only good year and maybe he just turned back into a pumpkin. This was always a concern with many players on the team, which is why the way they handled this offseason was so discouraging.

100%. Last year's success was largely due to a lot of unexpected pitching success.  They needed to bolster the pitching staff and took minimal steps to do so.  Still really early and not panicking yet but if Irvin puts up another stinker today I'll be officially concerned. 

41 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Did Chris Holt misplace his Wizard card?

Just watch him.  He will straight this out.

The way I look at it the O's have 9 starters.   Gibson, Bradish, Kremer, Irvin, GRod, Wells, Zimmermann, Watkins, and Hall.  With Means coming back in July and Voth available for a spot start when he is pitching well.

Holt/Hyde want 5 guys that can pitch 6 innings with 100 pitches or less per game and an ERA under 4.00.    Do that and they get to stay in the rotation.   Don't do that and everyone but Gibson and Voth have options that will be used.

Edited by wildcard