Another thing Adley apparently excels at

Just Regular

Comparing Adley and Severino is like comparing if you would rather hook up with Gal Gadot or Nancy, the chain smoking, obese chick from down the street. I know which I would prefer.

Adley is an exceptional catcher and this just proves that even more.

Has the chance to be the best O's catcher since Rick Dempsey.

48 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Dempsey played 14 more seasons than Hoiles, appeared in almost twice as many games, and accumulated 1.6 more rWAR.

I'd personally rate Hoiles over Dempsey.

To this day, Hoiles is one of the most underrated players to ever wear an Os uni.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m going to be surprised if Adley is a sub 6 WAR guy this year if he stays healthy and plays the amount of games he should play.

Wow SG, that's pretty out of character optimistic for you IMHO, WC would be proud!!! lol But I think with McCann, about 120 games is Adley's max at C and we have lots of guys who need DH ABs. Absent a Pudge, Posey, Mauer breakout with the bat that much WAR might be a bridge too far.

1 minute ago, AnythingO's said:

Wow SG, that's pretty out of character optimistic for you IMHO, WC would be proud!!! lol But I think with McCann, about 120 games is Adley's max at C and we have lots of guys who need DH ABs. Absent a Pudge, Posey, Mauer breakout with the bat that much WAR might be a bridge too far.

He put up 5.2 in under 400 AB last year.  Six isn't even suggesting he improves as a player.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He put up 5.2 in under 400 AB last year.  Six isn't even suggesting he improves as a player.

I am aware, and Frobby has posted the projections assuming AR plays the same percentage of games at C as last year, but over the full season. IMO AR gets more rest to avoid burnout and fewer ABs at DH. Six WAR is certainly in range but I think Hyde will be cautious as he has another good option at C. My post was more about the optimism from SG which struck me as somewhat out of character.

9 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

I am aware, and Frobby has posted the projections assuming AR plays the same percentage of games at C as last year, but over the full season. IMO AR gets more rest to avoid burnout and fewer ABs at DH. Six WAR is certainly in range but I think Hyde will be cautious as he has another good option at C. My post was more about the optimism from SG which struck me as somewhat out of character.

He had 69 at bats in the minors last year, if you just move those over into ML at bats he hits 6 and that allows for all the extra rest you could ever want replacing the games he missed with injury.

I'm certainly not saying he's a lock to get to 6WAR but it's not at all an overly optimistic take to suggest it.

• Upvote 1