Jordan Westburg 2023

Just Regular

38 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

Depends on who makes the 26, Vavra or one of the 1B/DH AAAA guys. If Vavra is here then no tp Westburg because they already have a Util IF. Westburg would also have to be added to the 40-man, although there should be slots available.

Didn't think about that... they would probably call up a bullpen arm then?

1 hour ago, Jagwar said:

Didn't think about that... they would probably call up a bullpen arm then?

If you are talking about OD roster then the BP will have 13 already and that's the max. Since they are still looking at the plethora of 1B/DH types I suppose they would pick on of them for the position player 13.

2 hours ago, Daddy-O's said:

I strongly believe Westburg is being showcased at triple A so that he can be the center of a trade package for a top tier pitcher in July.

You're really trying to trigger us Westburg fans, aren't you?

3 hours ago, Daddy-O's said:

I strongly believe Westburg is being showcased at triple A so that he can be the center of a trade package for a top tier pitcher in July.

I strongly believe that the front office is not planning on who to center a trade round at the deadline, but I do strongly believe they intend to make a splash trade.
I also strongly doubt that a player like Westburg is the caliber of being the center of a deal for a top tier pitcher.

12 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I strongly believe that the front office is not planning on who to center a trade round at the deadline, but I do strongly believe they intend to make a splash trade.
I also strongly doubt that a player like Westburg is the caliber of being the center of a deal for a top tier pitcher.

It is has been my observation that Elias plans out most scenarios and carefully controls them.  I doubt that he will let the trade deadline happen to him.  He will have decided what position the team is deepest at, and show case those players he can get the most for without jeopardizing the future.  A three position player like Westburg creates more of a market and he is a the top one hundred prospect who is major league ready and his service time clock has not started. He would make a very good center piece.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daddy-O's said:

Well... Westburg is starting SS tonight, and Ortiz is on the bench. Norby at 2B and Lester at 3B. Didn't see that coming

54 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Let's see what kind of half season he puts up. He was putting some serious hurt on baseballs this Spring. 

1 hour ago, Jagwar said:

Well... Westburg is starting SS tonight, and Ortiz is on the bench. Norby at 2B and Lester at 3B. Didn't see that coming

I'm not sure why Ortiz would be on the bench on opening night, unless he's hurt/ill.  Not as if you can't fit all three of them in the lineup plus whoever else they want to give a look in the between the entire IF, LF, and DH.  

10 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I'm not sure why Ortiz would be on the bench on opening night, unless he's hurt/ill.  Not as if you can't fit all three of them in the lineup plus whoever else they want to give a look in the between the entire IF, LF, and DH.  

Could well be he’s not 100% yet. 

35 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Daddy-O's said:

Thought the same thing when I saw he was starting at SS. He said he thinks the same as well early in off-season.  All these guys know they are playing for 30 teams not just 1. 

Edited by emmett16