Bowie OD Roster - What could be

RZNJ

32 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

I’m surprised Watson has managed to remain in the organization.

Yes and no.  He put a 20/20 season up in 2021 and he was Elias initial 3rd round pick.    Believe it or not he’s still got a chance for a Ryan McKenna type of career.   Bad timing on that comment?

30 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

How quickly could Beavers and Fabian move? Could we realistically see either of them make a multi-level move?

Don’t see why not.  We’ve seen several past players begin in Aberdeen and end in Norfolk, such as Stowers, Cowser and Norby.   It just depends on how they play.  

37 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

How quickly could Beavers and Fabian move? Could we realistically see either of them make a multi-level move?

I can see Beavers moving quickly.  It wouldn’t shock me if Fabian is a slow burn.  Just my opinion…

On 3/15/2023 at 6:36 PM, RZNJ said:

I guess we’ll see.  I’ll stick with Bowie though.  That’s where I think he starts.

Denoyer did end up making Norfolk. Pitched the 7th and 8th on Sunday vs Durham. Allowed a solo homer in 2 IP with 3 K's and 0 BB's. Appears they may view his path to the majors as a multi inning bullpen guy. Could be competition for Voth's spot eventually. 

15 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Denoyer did end up making Norfolk. Pitched the 7th and 8th on Sunday vs Durham. Allowed a solo homer in 2 IP with 3 K's and 0 BB's. Appears they may view his path to the majors as a multi inning bullpen guy. Could be competition for Voth's spot eventually. 

Yes.  I saw him pitch.   The breaking stuff looked good but I was surprised to see him mostly 91-93 in relief.

36 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Agreed.  MIRP looks like his projected role.

The problem I saw with Denoyer the other night was that it looked like he gets a lot of hitters to chase his breaking stuff out of the zone.   I think that's going to be tougher to do at the ML level and his fastball looks a little light.   He's going to need to get ahead of ML hitters in order for them to chase.

3 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Talked to a pitcher earlier and he said they are doing almost an entire rotation of “tandem” pitching when it comes to starts. So there is a chance we might see what essentially looks like a 7-8 man rotation.

Interesting.  Did they give a logic on why the piggyback/tandems?  Anything to do with the number of times through the lineup?  Or just maximizing IPs thrown?  SP/RP flexibility?  Strategic?  Tactical?

45 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Interesting.  Did they give a logic on why the piggyback/tandems?  Anything to do with the number of times through the lineup?  Or just maximizing IPs thrown?  SP/RP flexibility?  Strategic?  Tactical?

It appears to just be trying to get everyone some work. They have more than enough starting pitchers, so it’s a way to try and keep them on a routine. Now, as the season goes and people get called up or injured, it’ll change a bit and you’ll see more traditional bullpen roles.